CHCFC508A - Scenario: Glass Ball Paperweights For Sensory Play

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
kirstiejm
Participator
Participator

CHCFC508A - Scenario: Glass Ball Paperweights For Sensory Play

Post by kirstiejm » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:22 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCFC508A – Foster children’s aesthetic and creative development
Your Assignment Type: Case Scenario
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
3. Holly has bought some glass ball paperweights for the centre. They are clear and inside each one is a different array of colour and design. Holly has decided to display these in the toddler room and use them for sensory play.
a) How will these balls enhance the toddler’s aesthetic appreciation?

b) What will they learn when handling them?

c) How will Holly scaffold their experience?

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
a) How will these balls enhance the toddler’s aesthetic appreciation?
The balls will enhance the Toddlers aesthetic appreciation as they will be curious and amazed by the colours in the balls, prompting them to ask questions, imagine and wonder about “how the colour got inside the ball” or “how does the colour stay in the same design when I move it around?”

I'm stuck on b and c. Is there any information or websites hat would help me answer this?

Description and Message:
Last edited by Lorina on Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: CHCFC508A - Scenario: Glass Ball Paperweights For Sensory Play

Post by Lorina » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:06 am

This question has been asked previously. There is some information provided in one of the responses which may help:

Aesthetic Play

:geek:,
L.A

kirstiejm
Participator
Participator

Post by kirstiejm » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:16 am

Using the website on the other page, I've answered b and c. Could I get some feedback for the answers please?

b) What will they learn when handling them?
During this experience, the children will learn to be gentle and treat the glass balls carefully. They will develop their social skills and learn to share with their peers. They will learn about colours and textures as they feel the ball and observe the designs and colours in the balls.

c) How will Holly scaffold their experience?
Holly can scaffold this experience in a couple of ways. First, she could use the colourful balls and a show and tell group time experience. Holly could have the children sit in a circle and pass the balls around, allowing the children enough time to look at the balls and ask questions. When all the balls have been passed around, Holly could then ask the children questions such as “what was your favourite ball?” or “how many colours could you see?” Another way Holly could scaffold an experience for the children is by setting up a table and placing the balls in the middle. Holly could then give the children coloured pencils and paper and allow them to draw still life pictures or a picture about how the colours and designs make them feel.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:14 am

The responses you gave for b and c are pretty good! :thumbup: I can't think of anything else that needs adding.

:geek:,
L.A