CHCFC508A - Key Aspects Of Designing An Aesthetic Program

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
gigix77

CHCFC508A - Key Aspects Of Designing An Aesthetic Program

Post by gigix77 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:31 am

Hi, very new to CHCFC508A Foster children's aesthetic and creative development. I have a education support background. Im loving this module, I had to speed hours and hours researching just to get my head on the right track. I haven't had any experience with children under 5 (apart from my own 4) so its a little daunting. I would appreciate any feed back at all to see if Im on the right track with this question.

Identify key aspects you might incorporate when designing a program of aesthetic experiences in response to emerging skill, abilities, and interests of individual children and groups of children.

My answer
Make time and space for children to share their art, music, movement and dramatic creations with others.
Be flexible enough for personnel to follow up interests that children demonstrate spontaneously.
Include aesthetic experiences as a response to emerging skills.
Include the abilities and interests of individual children and groups of children.

or do I mention

Use reproduction prints to expose children to masterpiece art.
Excursions to local museums to provide opportunities for art appreciation.

Maybe I should include the later as an extension?
Any help is most appreciated.
Last edited by Lorina on Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited, topic has been moved from Diploma General Discussions forum

Lorina

Re: designing a program aesthetic experiences

Post by Lorina » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:20 am

I think your first responses are more appropriate to the question. You could also include:

- Use natural materials where possible
- Use baskets to hold/display items
- On shelves display items of natural beauty such as rocks, shells, fish tanks etc.
- Display artwork at children's eye level.

Here is some more info:

[attachment=0]Aesthetic_developement.pdf[/attachment]
Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Lorina

Re: designing a program aesthetic experiences

Post by Lorina » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:25 am

Sorry just realized you posted your question in the Diploma General Discussion forum. For all assignment questions you will need to post in the Assignment Support forum, No problem, I've moved this topic into the Diploma Assignment Support forum... Next time when posting an assignment question use the other forum. :thumbup:

:geek:,
L.A

gigix77

Re: CHCFC508A - Key Aspects Of Designing An Aesthetic Program

Post by gigix77 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:06 pm

oops, noted. thanks for article. You've been a great help.