CHCFC506A - Mind Map Of Language & Communication Development

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
magpies1
Participator
Participator

CHCFC506A - Mind Map Of Language & Communication Development

Post by magpies1 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:34 pm

ASSESSMENT 2 - Appreciation of diversity - Language and Literacy experiences

Assessment 2 - You are required to design a series of 3 mind maps that provide evidence of knowledge of language and communication development, you must include children, families and other professionals in this process to allow for new understandings to emerge.

SO I NEED TO DRAW 3 MINDMAP PICTURES. MY QUESTION IS: DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT A MINDMAP LOOKS LIKE?? :?:
Any advice would be great as I have no idea how to go about this task. :sweating:

I've added the Task below if that helps

Develop these plans with children and their families to demonstrate respect for diversity.

MIND MAP 1 for Babies to include opportunities to: Listen and respond to language during routines, Stories to tell, Stories to read, Props, Language and Literacy experiences.

MIND MAP 2 for Toddlers to include opportunities to: Listen and respond to language routines, Stories to tell, Stories to read, Use of Props, Action Rhymes, Language and Literacy experiences.

MIND MAP 3 for 3-5 yr olds to include opportunities to: Listen and respond to language during routines, Stories to tell, Stories to read, Rhymes with humour, Use of Props, Action Rhymes, Language and Literacy experiences, including electronic media, opportunities for group discussions and exchange of views between children, Language extension experiences
Last edited by Lorina on Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

magpies1
Participator
Participator

Re: CHCFC506A Foster children's language and communication development

Post by magpies1 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:24 am

No reponse as usual. I found my own answer under "Childcare Programming and Documentation".

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:46 pm

No reponse as usual
:wtf:

You posted this question yesterday, give people a chance!!! contrary to what you may believe or think there is not a panel of people logged in 24/7 to respond to everyones queries.

I cannot speak for other users but all the moderators, including myself have full time jobs ... we come on here as often as we can and answer as much as we can, unfortunately we cannot get to everyones questions each day! so please do not expect "instant" answers
I found my own answer under "Childcare Programming and Documentation".
Goes to show, if you look for answers yourself and apply yourself you will usually find what you look for!!

LindyT
Coach
Coach

Post by LindyT » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:52 pm

Magpies1
Answers on this site as offered by people in their spare time. Usually after work.
Have you also considered that the people that have read the above question may not know the answer? You'd rather they give a wrong answer then no answer at all??

Please be patient as Fefe said most of us work full-time. I can offer you help with mind mapping.
The following link is very useful

http://www.jcu.edu.au/tldinfo/learnings ... howto.html

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:59 pm

don't see you offering an answer either!
hear hear, yet another example of people NOT reading forum rules & regs...its getting a tad frustrating now...maybe should be crackdown time, if you don't attempt to answer a question no help will be provided! harsh but may be effective

magpies1
Participator
Participator

Post by magpies1 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:17 am

The reason for my comment 'no response as usual' is because I figured other people may not know how to answer either as there doesn't seem to be many on here who have the same questions as I do. This is also why I mentioned where i found mind map info, I thought this may also be useful for others who may be looking for the information. Fefe if i knew how to answer the question I wouldn't have needed to come onto this site for help.

magpies1
Participator
Participator

Post by magpies1 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:27 am

Thank you Lindy, I did some find some info on mind maps in another forum in which you were asking for advice on what a mind map was also. I will also check out your link Lindy, Thank you :) It would be so much easier If I had face-to face teachers to discuss assignments with but I'm doing my diploma via correspondence so It helps to have a site like this to look through. I am half way through my mind map assignment now, It's good to have time to get ahead while off work sick this week.

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:07 pm

I understand the need for help and why people come on here, as I said sometimes the people who can give you help are the people who have FT jobs and do what they can on here in their free time.
Usually (in most cases) a simple google search can help you with a lot. There are a heap of mind map examples on the net
This may help too and has an example on it
http://www.education.vic.gov.au/student ... y/mind.htm
http://learningparade.typepad.co.uk/lea ... nning.html