CHCFC505A - Exploring Children's Knowledge In Science

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
jessmid

CHCFC505A - Exploring Children's Knowledge In Science

Post by jessmid » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:40 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCFC505A
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
Hello for my assignment I need to create a science learning centre and as a part of the planning it is asking me to suggest web questions that I could use to explore children's existing knowledge.

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
I don't know what web questions are

Description and Message:
I actually don't know what web questions are and I was wondering if anyone as a website I can visit which will explain them to me as I want to ensure im heading in the right direction.

Any help is very much appreciated!
Last edited by Lorina on Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: CHCFC505A - Exploring Children's Knowledge In Science

Post by Lorina » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:50 am

The web questions you should ask depends on the theme of your science learning centre. If you are doing Space as a theme you can ask some questions like:

1) What planet do we live on?
2) How many planets are there?
3) Who goes to space?
4) What colour are the planets
5) How do we get to space?

Web questions is like using a mind map. In the middle of the page you add the theme "Space" for example (circle it) and from the circle add lines around the page. Under each line you add the children's response based on the questions you ask. Hopefully this makes sense!

Here is some information on different Science themes you could do:

Easy Science For Kids

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A