CHCFC505A

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
mallissa
Participator
Participator

CHCFC505A

Post by mallissa » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:46 am

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCFC505A FOSTER COGNITIVE DEVELOPMENT...
Your Assignment Type: Case Scenario
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
jenny 2.3 is at the playdough table. she is examining a cookie cutter in the shape of a star. jenny pushes the star shape into the ball of green dough. she places her left hand over her right and stands on tiptoe to lean heavily on the shape. she pulls the shape out of the dough and examines it. some playdough has stuck to the shape and she picks it off using thumb and forefinger. she picks up the ball of dough and traces the star shape with her finger. the group leader sits by jenny and says 'oh dear, didn’t it work, here, ill flatten out the dough for you'. jenny waches as the group leader flattens the dough with her hand- then she hands her, the star shape and watches as the adult presses out a star shape. jenny picks up the shaped dough, smiles at the group leader then walks to the sand area.

QUESTION: in relation to what theorists state about child development and the role of adults, provide comments on how these responses will assist jenny to explore her world and develop understanding

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
So im thinking that Vygotskys scaffolding theory would be the main one as she is learning from a more knowledfeable source and possibly Piagets pre operational stage of thinking.

Am I on the right track is there any other theorists I should be looking into;

Description and Message:
hey guys please read and offer any ideas on anything I may be missing, :D