CHCFC503A - Scenario: Achyta, Nawar

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
rahera04

CHCFC503A - Scenario: Achyta, Nawar

Post by rahera04 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:22 am

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCFC503A - Foster Social Development in early childhood
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
Read the following statements and suggest how the child affects his/her relationships

ACHYUTA (3mnths)
Achyuta is a fussy baby. He catnaps several times a day for around 20 minutes and wakes fretful. On a good night he sleeps for around 1-2 hours. His mother is not able to breastfeed and she has had to try several different formulas to find one that suits Achyuta. As with his sleeping, Achyuta is difficult to feed. He rarely finishes a bottle. Mother is exhausted and feels guilty that she is not able to breastfeed. She feels a failure as a mother as she can't seem to get her baby into a routine. Mother and baby are becoming more and more anxious.

NAWWAR (9mnths)
Nawwar began crawling at 7 months and is now taking her first unsteady steps. She is a very solemn child and is slow to warm up to others. She watches others intensely with a very serious face but rarely smile. Her parents are vivacious - they laugh, talk loudly and a very social. They are perplexed by Nawwar who is so different to themselves and their other three children. Nawwar not only behaves differently but she also looks diffent to the rest of the family with her flamming red hari. "She is our serious one. We sometimes wonder if she is really ours whether she was mixed up at birth".

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
Achyuta - This baby is not settling could be because its stomach is sore from the several different formula the baby has been given or even because the babys mum is not settled?

Nawwar - Hmm i dont know why she is like that? maybe because of her parents?

Description and Message:
I am stuck on these two as i am having trouble understanding possible affects with above statements. These are my last 2 statements i have to do to complete my assesment. If anything id like if someone could maybe give an example or something that would help me understand thanks. :?
Last edited by Lorina on Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: Relationships

Post by Lorina » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:05 am

I think with this question, in each scenario you can just describe what the child is doing in each of their relationships. For example:

Achyuta

- fretful when wakes
- is difficult to feed
- is anxious

Affecting mother with feeling of neglect and being unattached.

I'm not sure if this is right...

Hopefully it helps you out,

:geek:,
L.A

rahera04

Re: CHCFC503A - Scenario: Achyta, Nawar

Post by rahera04 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:08 am

Thanks You :)