CHCECEO17 - Pedagogical Practice According To Learning Outcomes

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
WarblerOn
Helper
Helper

CHCECEO17 - Pedagogical Practice According To Learning Outcomes

Post by WarblerOn » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:21 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCECEO17 Social Development
Your Assignment Type: Case Scenario
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
Read the Learning Outcome and Indicator of the EYLF listed in the table below and suggest one pedagogical practice that will support the achievement of the related group goals. Think about:
• the age of the group
• educator strategies
• routines
Note: To complete this task you will need to reflect on the knowledge you have gained in relation to social and emotional development.

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
Toddler Group (18mths-2yrs)
Learning Outcome 1: Children have a strong sense of identity
Indicator: Children feel safe, secure, and supported
Goals Pedagogical practices

a. Children will engage in routine self-help tasks

- Respond sensitively to children’s attempts as children are just learning their emotions. They need support to gain independence. This independence will allow the children to complete tasks such as self-help e.g. putting on shoes and by providing this sensitive approach it builds up a healthy self-esteem.

b. Children will develop a trusting relationship with staff

- Educators can promote this by supporting the secure attachments made with the children through consistent and warm nurturing relationship. Erikson believed that development was a result of personality traits, and cultural factors which are family, teachers, experience, life events and psychological factors. Teachers still use Erikson’s theory amongst other theorist to help support child development.

Description and Message:
I don't know if I'm answering the question to the question correctly :/
I think pedagogical practicses is referring to the educators so that's why I sort of grab something from the outcome in the right side column of the EYLF to relate to the children's ages and then further explain it through my knowledge with the help of Erikson's theory as the ages they go throuh with social and emotional are pretty much that trust vs mistrust and autonomy vs shame and doubt etc...
Last edited by Lorina on Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: CHCECEO17 - Pedagogical Practice According To Learning Outcomes

Post by Lorina » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:26 am

Yes, it seems like you're on the right track with your response. I think on the "right side column" you're referring to "how educators promote learning". If you are, I'd do the same as well to help guide you through each one.... Here is a complete list if needed:

How Educators Can Promote EYLF Learning Outcomes

:geek:,
L.A

WarblerOn
Helper
Helper

Post by WarblerOn » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:08 am

Thank you :)

TheLishWish

Post by TheLishWish » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:21 pm

I still need help and support to all these questions!!..
Ive read what you placed Lori a but i still dont understand how i can answer each question..

Toddler group
Learning outcome 1 : children have a strong sense of identity
Indicator: children feel safe, secure and supported.

Goals : A) children will engage in self help tasks. Pedagogical practices: ?
B) children will develop a trusting relationship with staff. Pedagogical practices: ?

Preschool group
Learning outcome 1: children have a string sense of identity
Indicator: children feel safe, secure and supported.

Goals : A) children will engage in self help tasks. Pedagogical practices: ?
B) children will develop a trusting relationship with staff. Pedagogical practices: ?

Toddler group
Learning outcome 1: children have a strong sense of identity
Indicator: children will learn to interact in relation to others with care, empathy and respect.

Goals: A) children will become aware of the how their actions affect others. Pedagogical practices: ?
B) children will confidently explore and engage in the children's services environment. Pedagogical practices: ?

Preschool group
Learning outcome 1: children have a strong sence of identity
Indicator: children learn to interact in relation to others with care, empathy and respect.

Goals: A) children will refect on their actions and consider consequences for others. Pedagogical practices: ?
B) children will explore and engage in the children's services enviroment. Pedagogical practices: ?

Please help me write what is needed...

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:00 pm

[ref]TheLishWish[/ref],

So you need to know what pedagogical practices are and how to implement them for each learning outcome?

What Is Pedagogy
Professional Pedagogy Project - Section 3 of this document talks about pedagogical techniques and strategies which will probably help with your response.

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina