CHCECE20 - Factors That Influence Children's Behaviour

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
elanf
Participator
Participator

CHCECE20 - Factors That Influence Children's Behaviour

Post by elanf » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:10 pm

Hi again everyone :)

Just looking for some support with a question that I am unsure if I have answered correctly or not.

Assessment Task 5 - Factors that influence children's behaviour
For this task I am required to identify the contributing factors that may impact behaviour in each scenario

Arianne is 2.3 years of age . She constantly takes toys from other children, saying "mine!". the other children get upset and cry when she comes near them
early childhood environment/program or age appropriate behaviour?

Maria is 3.6 years of age. She has spent considerable time in hospital because of extreme asthma. Her parents are very worried about her and tend to be 'over protective', Maria cries if not being given one-on-one attention when in the centre.
home/family environment

Brian (3.4yo) commenced care four weeks ago. He finds it difficult to separate from his mother in the morning. When his mother leaves, an educator takes his comfort rug and puts it up high 'so he won't lose it'. Brian gets very upset and cries for long periods of time. When he finally stops, he refuses to talk to any of the educators.
age and developmentally appropriate behaviour

Ellen (4.2yo) lives in poverty with her single mother and three siblings. Ellen finds it difficult to share, prefers to play alone and can be physically aggressive towards other children if they come into her play space.
health and well being

Luke (4.6y) is an only child and often described as active and curious. At childcare, Luke is disruptive, noisy, attention-seeking, and often says he's 'bored'. He will interrupt other children's games, group times and routines.
community and culture?

Tom (3.9Y) lives with his parents and four older brothers in an area of town where violence and abuse occur frequently. Tom becomes angry very quickly, displaying temper and aggression towards other children, educators and/or equipment. His language includes several swear words and 'put downs'
physical environment or
educator practice?

Anyway, would be so extremely grateful if anyone had any ideas or insights they would like to share with me, on whether or not my answers are correct.

Thank you :)

Lorina

Re: CHCECE20 - Factors That Influence Children's Behaviour

Post by Lorina » Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:12 am

You're on the right track but I think you just need to add more factors to each scenario. I'm giving you some information on factors influecning a child's behaviour and you can use these to relate to the scenarios above:

Factors Influencing Behaviour
Behaviour Guidance

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina