CHCECE026 - Providing Information About The Service In Languages Within The Community

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
jenm7

CHCECE026 - Providing Information About The Service In Languages Within The Community

Post by jenm7 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:53 pm

Hi
I'm not sure if I've answered these questions right... if not correct, please please help me :)

Q10: What strategies you would use to provide information about the service in the main languages used in the community?
A:
- staff members interpret in their own language
-pointing and drawing pictures
-the Centre booklet will be translated in different languages so parents will understand how the Centre works.

Q11: Why is it important to make information available to families about community services and resources?
this question I was stuck :( wasn't really sure what to write.

Q12: How would you ensure that there is a processes in place to maintain current contact details of community services and resources?(e.g. Consider how it was communicated to parents and how regularly you would review and update the information)
A:
-monthly meeting with parents
-communication booklet
-phone call or face to face

Thank you in advance for your help :)

Lorina

Re: CHCECE026 - Providing Information About The Service In Languages Within The Community

Post by Lorina » Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:34 am

jenm7 wrote:QR_BBPOST Q10: What strategies you would use to provide information about the service in the main languages used in the community?

Get help from families/educators from different cultures to write down key phrases and information about the service in their language which may help members of the community.
Have a few parents/educators that will assist you to converse with others in their language as an interpreter for you.
Have important information translated throughout the service including policies and procedures.
Employ staff that speak different languages.
Have language dictionaries available to use if necessary for example: English to Mandarin dictionary.
jenm7 wrote:QR_BBPOST Q11: Why is it important to make information available to families about community services and resources?

There are a lot of support services that are available within the community that families can turn to during hard times. Even though you may not be aware of a families circumstances it's important to provide community information for families where they could go for support. Also, there may be community gatherings or events that families may be interested in attending.
jenm7 wrote:QR_BBPOST Q12: How would you ensure that there is a processes in place to maintain current contact details of community services and resources?(

Register to any online community newsletters.
Through social media - facebook, twitter etc.
Visit the local council where they may have information on current events. etc.

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Re: CHCECE026 - Providing Information About The Service In Languages Within The Community

Post by Lorina » Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:35 am

BTW - You were on the right track with your responses! Just wanted to add my thoughts... :thumbup:

Lorina

jenm7

Post by jenm7 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:18 pm

Thank you Lorina :thumbup:
That has helped me a lot

jenm7

Post by jenm7 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:08 pm

Could you please help me with this question. I'm not too sure exactly what they want me to write :(

Chapter 12
learning activity 11

Q: Research from the internet to find out what process could be implemented to ensure that the current contact details of community services and resources are maintained within early childhood education and care.

A: ?????

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:48 pm

That's similar to the question above as well isn't it...

Newsletter sign ups
Feeds from Social Media
Using community websites etc.

Lorina

jenm7

Post by jenm7 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:01 pm

Hi Lorina

yes that's what I though toot but then I thought maybe if someone else read it, they might think differently.

I'll answer it as the other question and see how I go :)

Thanks again Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:46 pm

Yeah, the only difference is the wording of the question but it basically means the same...

Lorina