CHCECE016- Establish and maintain a safe and healthy environment for children

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Jd76

CHCECE016- Establish and maintain a safe and healthy environment for children

Post by Jd76 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:56 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: Assessment 1( NQS & Learning Framework List)
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
For each assessment list the relevant National Quality Standards and the relevant areas of the Learning Framework ( EYLF or MY time, My Place)

Assessment 1 ( NQS and Learning Framework List) Support each child's health needs

You have a new child about to commence at the service. The parent has informed you that the child has an allergy (peanut)

I have answered all the other parts of this questions but just wanted to check if I was on the right track with the NQS and learning framework for this question, because this is my first ever assessment I am a new student just starting my diploma of Child education and care.

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
I went to the NQS website and looked up the area which I think applies to this question. I found the quality area 2- standard 2.1 which says each child's health is promoted. I then found element 2.1.1 which says each child's health needs are supported.

For the Learning framework I look up the EYLF website and had a few problems, I came up with the answer that belonging, or the connections to the physical environment , children have a strong sense of well being and the environment supports the wellbeing through promoting healthy diet and physical activity.

I am not sure if I am on the right track with my answer with the right relevant information for the NQS and learning framework?

Description and Message:
:D
Thank you for reading my question, this is my first ever assessment for my Diploma and I haven't studied a Certificate 3 I am doing it all at once, any help with letting me know if I am on the right track with my answers about the NQS and EYLF would be greatly appreciated.

Jd

Lorina

Re: CHCECE016- Establish and maintain a safe and healthy environment for children

Post by Lorina » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:16 am

OK you are right in regards to the NQS.

As for the EYLF I think that "being" fits better as a child's sense of being can relate to how an educator supports and shows respect for each individual child. For Principles (not sure if you need to include) I would add "Partnerships", for Practices I would add "Responsiveness to Children". In regards to the Learning Outcomes you're on the right track...L/O: 3.1 - Children take increasing responsibility for their own health and physical well being...

Just wanted to assure you, you're doing well!

:geek:,
L.A

Jd76

Re: CHCECE016- Establish and maintain a safe and healthy environment for children

Post by Jd76 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:50 am

THank you so much for all of your help Lorina :). I will do the same thing for each part of the assessments.

Ps this site is amazing I really do appreciate all the information on here so thank you.