CHCECE016 - Case Study

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
rach

CHCECE016 - Case Study

Post by rach » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:39 pm

Hi Everyone,

Case study is: "Coleman, 18 months old, falls from an A-Frame and hurts his arm. He hold his arm and is upset if it is touched or moved"

Q1. How would you explain to Coleman's father that Coleman had fallen and hurt his arm? What service procedures would you follow?
A. I would immediately follow our injury and illness procedures and comfort the child, apply ice to the area if accepted by the child. I would contact Coleman's father immediately and inform him that Coleman has been injured; I would tell him the circumstances leading to the injury and what we are doing to comfort and attend to Coleman's injury, and that it is advised they seek medical attention.
- would i need to call an ambulance? if i did i would call the ambulance first then ring the father and explain the above and tell him we have called an ambulance. have i missed anything?

Q2. How would the number of children in the play area influence his risk of injury? Explain your response.
A. If there were a larger number of children in the play area, Coleman would be at a greater risk of injury due to the area being overcrowded. If there were less children in the play area, Coleman would be at a lower risk of injury due to the area having enough room for Coleman to move around
- is this correct? have i missed anything?

Q3. List two sources of information about health and safety guidelines in childcare
A. 1. Staying Healthy: Preventing infectious diseases in early childhood education and care services (5th edition)
2. Education and Care services National Regulations
- is this correct? have i missed anything?

Any advise would be appreciated thank you!