CHCECE016 Assignment Help

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
JBrown26

CHCECE016 Assignment Help

Post by JBrown26 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:47 am

Hello Everyone,

I have been stuck on the following question now for quite sometime, I have been so confused by the question and what it requires -

CHCECE016 Establish and Maintain a Safe and Health Environment for Children

Complacency?
An analysis of accidents and near misses over the last 3 months involving both children and staff has revealed a disturbing pattern of possible complacency. The analysis shows:
• Most accidents involving children occurred during outdoor late afternoon play
• Most injuries and near misses involving staff occurred when setting up and packing away equipment (outdoors slightly more than indoors)
• Injuries to staff under 25 occurred at twice the rate as injuries to staff over 25.
• The most common form of injury to children was falls
• The most common form of injury to staff was entrapment of fingers, dropping objects on feet and back strain.

The Director Trish must decide how to address this issue in order to reduce accidents by 50%. Trish knows that the most effective strategy is to engage the team in developing an action plan.
Devise an action plan for Trish to address the issues. You will need to suggest:
i. Desired outcomes
ii. Strategies - How to best engage the team in finding solutions
iii. How to take into account existing policies and procedures
iv. What factors are contributing to the likelihood of accidents/near misses (human/physical)?
v. Address training needs
vi. Write a criteria for evaluating the action plan

From what I understand of this question the desired outcome is to reduce accidents by 50% however the strategies part is what is confusing me the most.. Are we supposed to find strategies on how to best engage the team in finding solutions or are we finding strategies that deal with the issues in the analysis (accidents and injuries) or is all of these issues? I really dont understand what we are suppose to be answering/resolving with this question. Please Help.. I have been stuck now for two months!