CHCECE009 - Differences Between EYLF and MTOP

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
rach05

CHCECE009 - Differences Between EYLF and MTOP

Post by rach05 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:59 am

Hi I'm stuck on this question any help would be awesome!
Thanks

Assessment activity 1 Identifying learning frameworks

Part A

Select two of the following learning frameworks and investigate how each framework is applied to support children’s learning by identifying three key differences between them.

Learning frameworks to guide practice:
• Belonging, being and becoming: the Early Years Learning Framework for Australia
• My time, our place- Framework for School Age Care in Australia
• Every chance to learn- Curriculum framework for ACT schools preschool to year 10 students
• Tasmanian Curriculum Information
• The Curriculum Framework for Kindergarten to Year 10 Education in Western Australia
• The Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Frame work

I have picked Belonging, being and becoming: the Early Years Learning Framework for Australia and My time, our place- Framework for School Age Care in Australia

This is what I know so far the Early Years Learning Framework for Australia is for children aged 0-5 and the My time, our place framework is for children aged 6-12. EYLF helps children with the transition into schooling by giving them opportunities to maximise their potential and develop a foundation for future success in learning. MTOP ensures that school aged children have opportunities to engage in leisure-based experiences which will contribute to their ongoing development.
Last edited by Lorina on Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: CHCECE009 - Differences Between EYLF and MTOP

Post by Lorina » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:26 am

That's a very good response so far! Maybe the following can also help:

EYLF
MTOP

:geek:,
Lorina