CHCECE004 - Identifying Nutritional Value Of Prodcuts

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
kathy33
Participator
Participator

CHCECE004 - Identifying Nutritional Value Of Prodcuts

Post by kathy33 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:42 am

Hi every one,
Any help and correct my answer it's will be great and thanks heaps. Please find my attached of pictures as I couldn't copy and paste in here.
Kathy

I am doing below questions and not quite sure am I on the right tracks
**Read the nutrition panel provided and then identify the a) Ingredients of Concern b) Nutrition Content and c) Comment on the overall nutritional value of this product
Ski D’lite Vanilla Yogurt
a) Ingredients of concern;
Acidity Regulators
b) Nutrition Content; 5 serving Size 200g
Recommended Dietary Intake "B lactis, L acidophilus, Colony forming units (min). Percentage Daily intakes are based on the average adult diet of 8700 kJ. Your daily intakes may be higher or lower depending on your energy needs.
c) Comment;
Energy value is the total amount of kilojoules from protein, fat, carbohydrate, dietary fibre and alcohol that is released when food is used by the body.
Sugars in the nutrition information panel will include naturally occurring sugars, such as those found in fruit, as well as added sugars. Avoiding a larger amounts of sugar. If sugar content per 100g is more than 15g

**Read the nutrition panel provided and then identify the a) Ingredients of Concern b) Nutrition Content and c) Comment on the overall nutritional value of this product:
Kellogg’s Fruit Loops Cereal
a) Ingredients of concern;
Fat, total, Vegetable oils, colours, cornmeal, wheat flour, oatmeal
b) Nutrition content ; Average serving size-30g (3/4 metric cup+). Cup measurement is approximate and is only to be used as a guide.
Daily intakes are based on an average adult diet of 8700kJ. Your daily intakes may be higher or lower depending on your daily needs.
Recommended Dietary intakes per serving. 102mg sodium per serve is equivalent to 0.3g of salt
c) Comment;Fruit Loops contain a small amount of protein and fat. A 1-cup serving contains 1 gram of protein, 1 gram of total fat and 0.5 grams of saturated fat. Fruit Loops contain partially hydrogenated oils and may also contain coconut oil, both sources of saturated fat. High intakes of saturated fat are associated with elevated cholesterol levels and heart disease.

**Read the nutrition panel provided and then identify the a) Ingredients of Concern b) Nutrition Content and c) Comment on the overall nutritional value of this product:
Ski D’lite Vanilla Yogurt
a) Ingredient of concern; Traces of egg, milk, nut and sesame
b) Nutrition Content; Nutrition Facts per 1 serving (25 g)
Kilojoules
Calories 490 kj
117 kcal
Protein 1.9 g
Fat 4.9 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Carbohydrate 15.8 g
Sugar 1.8 g
Sodium 240 mg
There are 117 calories in 1 serving of Arnott's Chicken Crimpy Shapes.
Calorie Breakdown: 38% fat, 55% carbs, 7% prot. Percentage Daily Intake per serving. Percentage Daily Intakes are based on an average adult diet of 8700 kJ. Your daily intakes may be higher or lower depending on your energy needs.
Size:175g
c) Comment; Allergen:
May Be Present Sesame, May Be Present Egg, May Be Present Nuts, May Be Present Milk, Contains Soy, Contains Barley, Contains Wheat
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Lorina on Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lorina

Re: CHCECE004 - Identifying Nutritional Value Of Prodcuts

Post by Lorina » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:33 am

Hi Kathy,

I just had a read over your responses to the questions and I think they're fine. You've identified each point that it mentions in the question and I don't think there is nothing more to add...

:geek:,
Lorina

kathy33
Participator
Participator

Post by kathy33 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:35 am

Hi Lorina,

Thank you so much for that, could you have a look through the question a and b again please? for question a) ingredient of concern do I have to least out the bad one right? also the question b) Nutrition of content just list out all the nutrition of content of the product is that correct?

Thanks Lorina

Kathy

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:17 am

Ingredients of Concern- you can also include "may contain traces of egg milk nut and sesame" etc. I'm not too sure about the flavour enhances or raising agents and whether they will cause concern as they are probably in everything. You can just google a few of the other ingredients to see if they cause concern...

Nutritional Content -you may just want to add the %Daily Intake for each item. For example: Fruit Loops (per serving)- energy 6%, protein 4% etc.

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina

kathy33
Participator
Participator

Post by kathy33 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:24 pm

Hi Lorna

Appreciated for your help

Kathy