CHCECE002 - Ensure the health and safety of children

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Samanala

CHCECE002 - Ensure the health and safety of children

Post by Samanala » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:46 pm

Hi I am doing RPL in this unit. I have been told that My answer is far too long.I am finding it hard to give a complete answer within few sentences. It will be appreciated if I can get some help with this issue.
My answer as follow:

Question 2: Recognizing and responding to signs of illness of children, including signs and symptoms of asthma and anaphylaxis?

Early sign of illness can be recognized by observing a change in the child’s behavior, eating or drinking pattern, the skin colour, child’s activity level and general temperament. If any of these signs are noticed the child need to be monitored closely and the temperature checked regularly. The parents or guardians must be informed of any sign of illness of a child by calling them as soon as possible.
If a child shows a sign of illness such as continuous diarrhoea, vomiting, discharge from the eyes and spots or boils in the skin it is important to find out if it is infectious or not by contacting the nearest hospital. It is important to note that educators are not qualified in diagnosing an illness but are required to recognise illness in general.
If Asthma attack occurs, treat with the Asthma relief medication (puffer). If a sever anaphylaxis attack occurred the epi pen designated for the child need to be used accordingly. In such a situation while one educator is attending with first aid another educator must contact the ambulance as well as parents or guardians. The child need to be closely monitored until the Ambulance arrives making sure all stay calm.

Many Thanks, Samanala