CHCCS400C - Co-ordinating The Service For An Assessment Visit

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
ana.D
Participator
Participator

CHCCS400C - Co-ordinating The Service For An Assessment Visit

Post by ana.D » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:24 am

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCCS400C,CHCECE019,CHCECE009, CHCECE025
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
10. Explain two ways that you could confirm that all staff in the service understand the NQF and other legislation and regulations, and what may be required of them during the assessment visit
In coordinating the service for an assessment and rating visit against the NQS:
13. List three ways to inform stakeholders that the service has been selected for assessment and rating, and that the inherent process has commenced.
14. Explain why it is important to have ongoing communication (for example, meetings) with all stakeholders throughout this process
15. Explain why it is important to check for accuracy and completion of all documentation required for assessment. How you would ensure this occurs?

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
All services must complete the self-assessment and quality improvement planning process as part of the assessment against the National Quality Standard.
The self-assessment documentation should be available at the service to inform discussion of the assessment and rating process and it can be summarised in the relevant section of the Quality Improvement Plan template.
Submission of self-assessment documentation to the regulatory authority is not required; however, there needs to be evidence that the Quality Improvement Plan is informed by the self-assessment process. Completing the relevant section of the Quality Improvement Plan template (‘Key improvements sought’) will provide the link between the areas identified for improvement through the self-assessment process and the quality improvement strategies developed to address them
Review all assesments with staff and educators
– issue information flyers to families
– Encourage educators to liaise regularly with families about children’s needs and to communicate with their co-ordinator office

Description and Message:
Hi ,,
I require some help with this assignment as I have no idea what I am supposed to answer and where I can get the information,
I have accessed Acecqa website and it got me very confused, I am having difficulty understanding the requirement.
please guide me.
thankyou
Last edited by Lorina on Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: CHCCS400C - Co-ordinating The Service For An Assessment Visit

Post by Lorina » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:49 am

I am adding some points which you can include in your response...

10. Have a team meeting and have an open discussion on the NQF, legislation and regulation and assessment visit. Educators can ask questions they are unsure about and director can provide easy explanations on what is expected from all educators what they should know etc. You could create a quiz. Put questions on the staff notice board and each educator has to submit an answer to the question. The educator with the most points (correct answer) wins a prize.

13. You mentioned information flyers, email, newsletters. notices around the service, informal parent letter, brochure, announcement on website/FB page.

14. To inform stakeholders of the process, what's happening, feedback received throughout the assessment, what needs improving, to have all stakeholders aware by providing update information. As it is an important process and it depends on the quality of the service al stakeholders should be well informed of what is happening.

15. Accuracy of documentation is important as it support the service during the assessment visit. Ask room leader to proof read documentation as well as a member from parent/management committee.

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A

ana.D
Participator
Participator

Post by ana.D » Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:27 pm

thankyou for the help
I am stuck on the following question in the same topic - Legislation and Service Quality.
c. List one common workplace legal issue which could be applicable to each piece of legislation.
I have already answered
b. name 5 legislation and Give one example of how each of these applies to your work role.
b. One example of how each of these legislations apply to my work role are as follows-

Regulation 75 Information about educational program to be kept available
And
Regulation 76 Information about educational program to be given to parents
1. Educational programs by ensuring educational programs are: based on and delivered in accordance with an approved learning framework. Based on the developmental needs, interests and experiences of each child. Designed to take into account the individual differences of each child.
Maintenance of child portfolios, that are easily accessible to parents, and maintenance of parent communication books and also regular communication with parent s through emails and informal and formal chats
Regulation 84 Awareness of child protection law

2. Supervision and safety of children by ensuring children are adequately supervised, are not subject to discipline, and are protected from harms and hazards.
3. Entry to and exit from the premises by ensuring children do not leave the education and care service premises except in accordance with the National Regulations (for example, with a parent, on an authorised excursion, or for emergency medical treatment) and ensuring that a parent of a child being educated and cared for by the service may enter the service premises at any time when the child is being educated and cared for by the service except when: permitting entry would pose a risk to safety of the children and staff or conflict with the duty of the supervisor under the National Law or the supervisor is aware the parent (as defined in the National Law) is not at the service while children are present unless the person is under direct supervision.
Regulation 77(1) Health, hygiene and safe food practices
4. Food and beverages by ensuring adequate health and hygiene practices and safe practices for handling, preparing and storing food are implemented at the service to minimise risk to the children. And by ensuring children being cared for by the service have access to safe drinking water at all times and are offered food and beverages on a regular basis throughout the day and by ensuring that where food and beverages are supplied by the service, they are: nutritious and adequate in quantity, chosen with regard to the dietary requirements of individual children. And ensuring that, where food and beverages are provided by the service, a weekly menu that accurately describes the food and beverages to be provided is displayed at the premises in a location accessible to parents.
Regulation 91 Medical conditions policy to be provided to parents
5. Administration of medication by ensuring that medication is not administered to a child being cared for by the service unless the administration is authorised (except in the case of anaphylaxis or asthma emergency) and is administered in accordance with the National Regulations. Where medication is administered to a child without authorisation in a case of an anaphylaxis or asthma emergency, ensuring at a parent of the child and emergency services are notified as soon as possible. There are many more responsibilities such as Prescription and non-prescription drugs and alcohol, Sleep & Rest, Excursions.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:31 am

For your response you have added specific points but for this you may need to change them to the heading that are displayed in the legislation itself. For example: Education Program and Practice, Children's Health & Safety etc. You can find them here:

Education and Care Service Regulations

Your explanations are great and you have the right idea. You just need to change the headings as I mentioned above.

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A