CHCCHILD401B - Scenario: Taj

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
jaya2013

CHCCHILD401B - Scenario: Taj

Post by jaya2013 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:46 pm

I need help with this question please!! What does it mean?? Please explain properly for me.

The question is: 3. Describe the actions/work practices you would take as a follow up from the report stage. In your response, discuss record keeping, parent queries regarding the notification and the needs of the child as they continuing attending the service.And the case study for this question is:

Case study
Taj is a 6 year old boy who attends the local After School Age Care Service. Taj is a popular child with both the staff and his peers. Taj is usually well behaved at the centre and likes to participate in most centre activities. After the last school holidays, Taj returned to the service a changed child, he has become aggressive and picks fights with his peers. He has also become aggressive towards the male staff member and speaks inappropriately to fathers collecting their children from the service. Taj has become a loner. His class teacher has approached the after-school hour service, and was concerned as they also were seeing the same behaviours. Taj has started wearing jumpers and long pants, even on warmer days and refuses to remove any clothing when he shows clear signs of being overheated. During play, Taj’s jumper became caught on the table and pulled up revealing a mass of red welts and recent burn scarring on his stomach and back area. It has also been noticed that Taj has started drawing explicit sexual pictures.
Last edited by Lorina on Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: CHCCHILD401B - Identify and Respond to Children and Young People at Risk of Harm

Post by Lorina » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:32 am

So with this scenario it is evident that Taj is going through some sort of abuse at home. The fact that he is aggressive towards male staff as well as fathers indicates that he may have been abused by a male figure. Also, since he won't remove clothing to reveal the marking suggests that he has been physically abused. When you have noticed his sexually explicit pictures it can indicate sexual abuse. So, from the scenario you can determine that Taj may have been physically and sexually abused recently.

Since you are in NSW you are a mandatory reporter, meaning if you suspect abuse you will need to report it. I'm going to provide you with some information on child abuse and making a report etc.

[attachment=2]mandatory_reporter_guide.pdf[/attachment]
[attachment=1]child abuse handbook.pdf[/attachment]
[attachment=0]child-abuse-booklet.rtf[/attachment]

You should be able to figure out a response with all the information I have given you...

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jaya2013

Re: CHCCHILD401B - Identify and Respond to Children and Young People at Risk of Harm

Post by jaya2013 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:48 pm

Where would I be able to find the answer where it says, (discuss record keeping, parent queries regarding the notification and the needs of the child as they continuing attending the service. )
what does PARENT QUERIES mean?
And what do they mean when they state ( the needs of the child as they continuing attending the service)

jaya2013

Post by jaya2013 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:41 pm

Can somebody please give me the website for the mandatory report that has the form that I can actually fill out for child care workers living in nsw???

jaya2013

Post by jaya2013 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:38 pm

Case Study 1
Read the 3 case study examples and respond to each one by completing the following set of questions. These must be answered in relation to your own state or territory guidelines.
Jamelle
Jamelle is a 14 month old toddler. She attends the centre 3 days a week and recently her mother who works 2 days a week has been trying to get extra days at the centre for Jamelle.
Jamelle is a very timid baby, rarely smiles and does not interact with other infants during play time. It has been noted by staff that Jamelle has had several large bruises which Jamelle’s mother has explained as accidents that had occurred whilst Jamelle was attempting to walk by herself. Staff does not feel the bruises are from falls due to the shape and sizes.
Jamelle often arrives at the centre wearing her night nappy, smelling strongly of stale urine, her skin appears dirty and unwashed. There is often no fresh change of clothing in Jamelle’s bag.
When Jamelle was brought into the child care centre this morning, she had bloodshot eyes and was very drowsy. Jamelle’s mother reported that Jamelle had not slept well that night and would probably need a lot of sleep today.

2. Outline how you would respond to this situation and in preparation to making a report.

I need help answering this question.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:50 am

Mandatory Report Website:

http://www.keepthemsafe.nsw.gov.au/repo ... rter_guide

The info is in the attachments I've uploaded for you in my earlier response...

:geek:,
L.A