CHC50908 - Linking Physical Development To Theorists

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
rocky
Participator
Participator

CHC50908 - Linking Physical Development To Theorists

Post by rocky » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:08 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: Play and Development-CHC50908
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
For each example: Can you link these to strategies from the theorists? Explain how?

a) Provide 3 examples of experiences and/or opportunities that support the physical development of school aged children in your center or OSHC program. Describe how each of these examples supports the physical development of children.

PLEASE PLEASE help. My course will end very soon, and I neeeeed someone to explain the questions to me NOT answer it for me. How can I 'link these to strategies from the theorists'....

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
1) Organizing a swimming program for children is very important for their physical development to building muscle strength and better enhance/improve motor coordination. During swimming programs; according Piaget’s theorist, when children are given better learning opportunities which will enable them to learn faster and develop higher skills in terms of their muscle strength and body movement throughout the swimming sessions. “The knowledge is acquired by doing rather than being given information”. Piaget. Children could become great simmers or even famous, talented athletes in the future.

3) Arts and crafts-such as making a rocket out of a big box or building a dole house using a shoe box helps kindergarten and school age-children to develop their fine motor skills, for example; when using the scissors to cut with, as well as eye coordination develops through this experience. Children exercise their brain muscles through thinking and creativity. When children are provided with such learning opportunities they learn how to be creative in using their brain through working with the rocket project and dole house, children’s brain store that learning skills they’ve learnt, and later on children will use that knowledge/skills in a new experience or situation, according to Piaget. Children should be challenged and taught not what is already known, but to be provided with obstacle courses in which they can overcome and extend on their skills and development.-in ordered for us to have great intelligent generation.

3) Arts and crafts-such as making a rocket out of a big box or building a dole house using a shoe box helps kindergarten and school age-children to develop their fine motor skills, for example; when using the scissors to cut with, as well as eye coordination develops through this experience. Children exercise their brain muscles through thinking and creativity. When children are provided with such learning opportunities they learn how to be creative in using their brain through working with the rocket project and dole house, children’s brain store that learning skills they’ve learnt, and later on children will use that knowledge/skills in a new experience or situation, according to Piaget. Children should be challenged and taught not what is already known, but to be provided with obstacle courses in which they can overcome and extend on their skills and development.-in ordered for us to have great intelligent generation.

My trainer said I need to resubmit them.

Description and Message:
Last edited by Lorina on Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

rocky
Participator
Participator

Re: Play and Development

Post by rocky » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:49 pm

Please somebody replay soon....

Lorina

Re: CHC50908 - Linking Physical Development To Theorists

Post by Lorina » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:02 am

Hi Rocky,

Had a read of your answers (no. 3 is the same as no. 2) and they seems fine. Maybe the swimming idea is something that can only be a one off thing (such as going on an excursion) rather than a physical experience that children can have on a daily basis.

When thinking about physical experiences they can include: running games, ball games, outdoor group games, obstacle courses anything that allows a child to move their larger muscles. Check out the games available here and see if this helps. It also includes the developmental milestones a child gains through each expereince. Hopefully this helps you to link it to the theorists easier.

Children's Activities & Games - Physical Developmental Games

:geek:,
L.A