cecec018

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Nazi

cecec018

Post by Nazi » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:57 pm

Swearing
Georgie (2.5 years) is trying to stack some blocks which keep falling over. After the third attempt he says, ‘Damn buddy bugger blocks!’
i. Is Georgie’s reaction mistaken behaviour or unacceptable behaviour

ii. Using the guidance continuum select the level of intervention you would apply as an educator.

iii. Give reasons for your answer.

Answer
I think it's a mistaken behaviour as she is only 2.5 and she is repeating what she has heard from the environment.
Am I right?
How about ii and iii?

Thanks

PK24

Re: cecec018

Post by PK24 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:07 pm

You are on the right track for your first answer.
Think of it this way if you believe it is mistaken behaviour that may be acceptable at home, yet it isn't acceptable at daycare, how would you approach the child in real life bearing in mind their age.

saeedap
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Post by saeedap » Thu May 16, 2024 8:17 pm

What are possible influences on Georgie’s behaviour? How would you react in this situation? Ensure you
consider Georgie’s age and your own ethics – regarding swearing in your answer

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue May 21, 2024 7:18 pm

saeedap wrote:
Thu May 16, 2024 8:17 pm
What are possible influences on Georgie’s behaviour? How would you react in this situation? Ensure you
consider Georgie’s age and your own ethics – regarding swearing in your answer

She could have heard someone at home say the same thing when they get frustrated and she is repeating what she had heard. I would ignore what she had said and simply say something like "oh no the blocks fell down". Children don't know that they are "swearing". They only repeat what they hear.

:geek:,
Lorina