Addressing Individual Dietary Needs and Prefrences

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
prerna_26

Addressing Individual Dietary Needs and Prefrences

Post by prerna_26 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:51 pm

Why is it important to address the individual dietary needs and preferences of children in respect to :
c) health requirements

My answer is :
Health requirement of children are determined by their age, developmental stage of the child and also by their likes and preferences. Parents can assist you in likes and dislikes of their children. Young children can be fussy eaters too!
Just because a child may not like tomatoes today, doesn’t mean they will always feel that way. After watching the educators and other children enjoying what they eat, the child may decide they like it too. Always offer new foods for children to try and encourage them to taste unfamiliar food.

Please suggest whether I am on right track or not....

Lorina

Re: Addressing Individual Dietary Needs and Prefrences

Post by Lorina » Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:49 am

I think the question is more about meeting a child's health requirements in relation to food.

For example: some children have allergies, nuts, eggs etc. some children are lactose intolerant, some children are glucose free... these differences in a child's dietary needs are in regards to health requirements...

Hope this helps!

:geek:,
Lorina

prerna_26

Re: Addressing Individual Dietary Needs and Prefrences

Post by prerna_26 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:37 am

Thank you so much!!!