001 LEGISLATION AND FRAMEWORKS ASSESSMENT TASKS

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Lillypad88
Helper
Helper

001 LEGISLATION AND FRAMEWORKS ASSESSMENT TASKS

Post by Lillypad88 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:47 am

Hello
I have spent hours on this question and am really stuck, this is what I have done so far:
2 (A) What is the name of the National legislative framework?
Answer: Education and Care Services National Law and the Education and Care Services National Regulations
2 (B) What are the 2 legislative documents that underpin the national framework?
I can't find anything on this question?
2(C)List the National Quality Standard (NQS) and Element that instructs educators on curriculum.
Or this one
2(D) What is the approved learning framework?
Under the National Law and National Regulations, approved services are required to base their educational program on an approved learning framework. The program should focus on addressing the developmental needs, interests and experiences of each child, while taking into account the individual differences of each child.
The educational program should contribute to the following outcomes:
• children have a strong sense of identity
• children are connected with and contribute to their world
• children have a strong sense of wellbeing
• children are confident and involved learners
• children are effective communicators
There are two nationally approved learning frameworks which outline practices that support and promote children’s learning:
• Belonging, Being and Becoming: The Early Years Learning Framework for Australia (‘Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF)’)
• My Time, Our Place: Framework for School Age Care in Australia (‘Framework for School Age Care’).
- See more at: http://acecqa.gov.au/Article.aspx?pid=3 ... lSERc.dpuf

2 (E) What is the general purpose of learning frameworks?
To create a jointly-governed uniform and integrated national approach to the regulation and quality assessment of education and care services

2(F) According to your text, what suggested elements should be typically included in a curriculum framework?
I am having trouble with this question

Any help would be very much appreciated
Lilly

kyles2412
Participator
Participator

Re: 001 LEGISLATION AND FRAMEWORKS ASSESSMENT TASKS

Post by kyles2412 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:30 am

I am struggling on this question as well I have spent hours on this question Im not sure if this is the correct answer but to question

2(C)List the National Quality Standard (NQS) and Element that instructs educators on curriculum.
Answer: Quality Area 1 – Standard 1.2 – Element 1.2.3

(please correct me if I am wrong)

I would also like further help on these 2 questions same as above as I have no idea any help would be amazing.

2 (B) What are the 2 legislative documents that underpin the national framework? (I have no idea on this question)
2(F) According to your text, what suggested elements should be typically included in a curriculum framework?

kyles2412
Participator
Participator

Post by kyles2412 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:33 am

I have managed to find in my learners guide this information that may help with question 2F

A curriculum framework should include:
• A statement of the principles and values that should guide early childhood services
• A summary of program standards, that is, how programs should be supported to facilitate development and learning (eg. Reasonable staff/child ratios, high educator qualifications
• A short outline of content and outputs, that is, of the knowledge, skills, disposition and values that children at different ages can be expected to learn and master across broad developmental areas
• Pedagogical (instruction techniques) guidelines outlining the processes through which children achieve the outcomes proposed (eg. experimental learning, play-based programming), and how educators should support them (eg. through adult interaction and involvement, enriched learning environments).

pola
Participator
Participator

Post by pola » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:10 pm

2 (B) What are the 2 legislative documents that underpin the national framework?

The National Quality Framework is underpinned by the Education and Care Services National Law (‘National Law’) and Education and Care Services National Regulations (‘National Regulations’). Together they set the National Quality Standard and the regulatory framework for most long day care, preschool/kindergarten, family day care and outside school hours care services in all states and territories.

source: http://ccccnsw.org.au/wp-content/upload ... andard.pdf