How routines can affect a child.

Discuss issues regarding children's behaviour at your centre, disciplining children, dealing with difficult child, biting child, aggresive children and more..
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
jsk

How routines can affect a child.

Post by jsk » Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:55 pm

Hi everyone, I'm currently still studying and I'm doing some case studies and one of them got me thinking, how routines can affect a Childs development? I understand that child should have routines so they feel safe and they know what will happen next, but what does that mean for them when they grow up, do they constantly need routine? If they don't have routine does that mean the end of the world? How does that affect them?

What other benefits come out of having a set day to day routine? Apart from educators utilising the down time to finish up documentation or cleaning up from lunch. How does a routine benefit children and their growth and development?

monica11

Re: How routines can affect a child.

Post by monica11 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:49 pm

Thankyou so much Lorina for sharing this helpful content .

monica11

Re: How routines can affect a child.

Post by monica11 » Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:56 pm

Yeah , its really helpful. I read somewhere in an article that “I wish I’d known how much my children’s personalities would influence my parenting. With my first child, I thought, it was so easy and that I was an excellent parent. None of my parenting ‘tricks’ seemed to work with my second child. I had to start over to try and figure out how to work with my daughter’s personality. Each child is so different.”