trainees and casuals

Questions on starting a Cert 3 or Diploma traineeship, duties during a traineeship, traineeship working conditions etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
hawes

trainees and casuals

Post by hawes » Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:52 am

Im a trainee at my workplace working towards my cert III, i was just wondering, am i allowed to be left alone in a room with just me and a causal worker especially if they are new to the service and don't know any of the room routine?
Is that classified as me leading a room and am i allowed to lead a room as a trainee?

Lorina

Re: trainees and casuals

Post by Lorina » Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:49 pm

It is ideal to have a cert 3 and diploma within the room. The diploma is primarily the room leader because they are trained and responsible for all the documentation that is required such as observations, reflections, programming and planning etc. Since you are working towards a cert 3 qualification you can be counted towards cert 3 for ratio purposes however you have not be trained in documentation or programming so therefor unable to lead the room...

Where are the other Educators? Who does the programming and planning and obsrvations for exmple, for your room?

:geek:,
Lorina

Peng
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Re: trainees and casuals

Post by Peng » Sat Jul 29, 2023 3:19 pm

 Description of the aspects of the child’s social environment in the community.
Description of the aspects of the child’s social environment in the community relates to the child’s relationships and interactions in the community, including the child’s relationships and interactions with other children in the neighbourhood and other relevant persons in the community.
This information must be gathered from the child’s records and family/caregiver(s).
 The child’s development stage, including the child’s progress with respect to the developmental milestones for the child’s current development stage.
Child’s development stage relates to the developmental milestones, i.e. behaviours and physical skills typically observed in children, in particular age ranges, as they grow and develop.
The child’s progress with respect to the developmental milestones relates to whether they are demonstrating behaviours and physical skills typically observed in children at their age.
This information must be gathered from child’s records, family member(s)/caregiver(s), and your co-educators as well as observing the child (done in Part 2 of Skills Workbook).
 The child’s temperament.
Child’s temperament relates to the way the child approaches and reacts to the things around them; a child can be easy, difficult, or slow to warm up, etc.
This information must be gathered from child’s records, family member(s)/caregiver(s), and your co-educators as well as observing the child (done in Part 2 of Skills Workbook).
 The child’s personality.
Child’s personality relates to the child’s set of behaviours, cognitions, and emotional patterns, etc.
2. Using the information you gathered in Step 3, complete Parts B – E of the Behaviour Report Form by completing the steps below.
Part B. The Child’s Education and Care Environment
i. Specify the resource/document you accessed to gather information about the physical description of the education and care environment.
ii. Provide a description of the physical aspects of the child’s education and care environment using the information you gathered from this source.
iii. Specify the resource/document you accessed to gather information about the social environment within the child’s education and care setting.
iv. Provide a description of the aspects of the social environment within the child’s education and care setting using the information you gathered from this source.
Part C. The Child’s Home Environment
i. Specify the resource/document you accessed to gather information about the child’s physical home environment.
ii. Provide a description of the physical aspects of the child’s home environment using the information you gathered from this source.
iii. Specify the resource/document you accessed to gather information about the child’s social environment in their home.
iv. Provide a description of the aspects of the child’s social environment at home using the information you gathered from this source.
v. Based on the information you gathered:
a. Identify one factor in the child’s physical home environment that may contribute to the child’s behaviour.
b. Identify one factor in the social environment of the child’s home that may contribute to the child’s behaviour.
c. Explain how each of these factors can impact the child’s behaviour.
Part D. The Child’s Community
i. Specify the resource/document you accessed to gather information about the child’s physical community environment.
ii. Provide a description of the physical aspects of the child’s community environment using the information you gathered from this source.
vi. Specify the resource/document you accessed to gather information about the child’s social environment in the community.
vii. Provide a description of the aspects of the child’s social environment in the community using the information you gathered from this source.
viii. Based on the information you gathered:
a. Identify one factor in the child’s physical community environment that may contribute to the child’s behaviour.
b. Identify one factor in the social environment of the child’s community that may contribute to the child’s behaviour.
c. Explain how each of these factors can impact the child’s behaviour.
Part E. The Child’s Development Stage, Temperament, and Personality
Child’s Development Stage
i. Specify the resource/document you accessed to gather information about the child’s development stage.
ii. Provide an overview of the information you gathered about the child’s development stage from this source.
iii. As you observe the child in Part 2 of this Skills Workbook, under the Assessment section, write three milestones for each developmental area that apply to the child’s age, and indicate whether you have observed the milestone in the child.
To assist you in determining the developmental milestones for each area, refer to the ACECQA’s Developmental Milestones document.
Tick YES if you have observed the behaviour/skill milestone in the child, and NO if otherwise.
Child’s Temperament
i. Specify the resource/document you accessed to gather information about the child’s temperament.
ii. Provide an overview of the information you gathered about the child’s temperament from this source.
iii. As you observe the child in Part 2 of this Skills Workbook, under the Educator’s evaluation section, provide your rating for each of the five aspects of the child’s temperament.
 Activity level
How physically active a child tends to be.
 Distractibility
How easy it is for the child to become distracted from a task.
 Attention span
Having the capacity to focus on a task.
 Mood
Is the child generally positive, happy, serious, negative?
 Adaptability
Whether a child is able to transition between activities with ease or takes time to adjust.
Child’s Personality
i. Specify the resource/document you accessed to gather information about the child’s personality.
ii. Provide an overview of the information you gathered about the child’s personality from this source.
iii. As you observe the child in Part 2 of this Skills Workbook, under the Educator’s evaluation section, provide your rating for the child’s personality traits below:
 Openness
High: Very creative, open to trying new things, likes new challenges, etc.
Low: Dislikes changes, does not enjoy new things, resists new ideas, etc.
 Conscientiousness
High: Spends time preparing, enjoys routines, good control of impulses, etc.
Low: Dislikes structures and schedules, makes messes, doesn’t take care of things, etc.
 Extraversion
High: Enjoys being the centre of attention, interacting with other children and people at the centre, etc.
Low: Prefers solitude, withdrawn and tends to shy away from others, etc.