EYLF PROGRAMMING AND PLANNING DOCUMENTATION

Questions related to program, planning, assessing, managing documentation, implementing EYLF, MTOP, NQS and other approved frameworks.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Miss Kerry
Participator
Participator

Re: EYLF PROGRAMMING AND PLANNING DOCUMENTATION

Post by Miss Kerry » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:18 pm

Have just given a small donation :-).

Hope it helps a little, just wanted to show you how much I appreciate all your hard work and your willingness to share the knowledge you have with others.

Keep up the wonderful work yo do.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:01 pm

Thank you so much Miss Kerry!

We really appreciate your ongoing support and we are very grateful for your contribution!

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

GCgirl

Post by GCgirl » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:24 am

That is such great information. Thanks for sharing :)

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:23 pm

Thanks GCgirl... :thumbup:

Just trying to make fellow childcare professionals aware that the EYLF doesn't have to be so complicated! I'm happy to help and support as much I can!

L.A

Fatima

Post by Fatima » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:14 pm

Hi , i came about this site by google so far from reading through your templates and plans i can see how you have used the eylf to guide your curriculum but alittle confused as to why you have done up two types of curriculum's play-based and learning outcomes which one have most viewers preferred if you could share your thoughts with me thanks, another i realised that within the sample of your daily playbased curriculum you have several things set up under the individual play types however in the weekly you have only one under each play type alittle confused there too, if you could explain what you were trying to do there or if i've missed something it would help me get things clearer in my head. Thanks again, I'm eager to try and see if these work for me ..waiting on feedback:)

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:51 am

Hi Fatima,

In regards to the EYLF templates, the reason why I've given two different curriculum plans is for Childcare professionals to choose which one they want to use, either Play based or Learning outcomes and also to show that they EYLF can be adapted either way. Some centres find it easier placing learning experiences/activities under the learning outcome headings and others prefer to use the play based headings format... It's completely up to you and what you're comfortable with. I have also given the option of using a daily curriculum or a weekly curriculum, once again it's up to the individual on which one they prefer to use. Also, I just wanted to add the the templates I have designed is not the be all and end all! It just to show you, how I incorporated the elements of the EYLF into a curriculum plan, you can even come up with your own style and design, it's up to your imagination...

In the sample, it is just a sample...don't take it too literally. I just did it to show what activities or experiences can fall under each category and each input key... so, it's only intended for a sample use only to give you a general idea of how to fill in each of the curriculum plans. Depending on the experiences you have on your curriculum plan, this will determine which input keys you will use in determining where the experience or activity came from.

Hopefully this clears things up for you and please feel free to ask me anymore questions and I will be more than happy to assist you!

L.A

CherylPullman

Post by CherylPullman » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:13 am

I agree with everyone who is bogged down with paper work. everything we do now takes away the focus from the children. We spend more time doing jobs and documenting than we do child care. I am in the baby room in our centre and we are changing our format to try and make it easier for everyone LOL By the time we tick all the boxes there is no time to spend playing with the children.

justathought
Participator
Participator

Post by justathought » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:36 am

We need to make a stand against all this paperwork, how are children being cared for if we are caring out office duties. Teachers and child care staff are a different league all together. Teachers spend years just to be able to teach primary school children and they dont cover nappy changes. By the time a teacher begins to teach they have matured quite considerably. Child care staff on the other hand train for 10 months sometimes less for cert 3 another 18 months for diploma, how do you get teaching qualifications in that time.
How is the child care sector going to have qualified teachers if staff turn over is so high and positions being filled with 18 year old trainees and constant relief staff.
The industry needs to rethink this EYLF, dont get me wrong Ive worked with the EYLF and just think it is probably better off used with primary school children.
If you ask a prep teacher about EYLF they like it because it brings play into learning and thats ok because its play like a child should so I dont understand why child care workers are trying to be so structured.
I attened an information night for my childs year 9 subjects and when one of the teachers were speaking they said they were not expecting next years year 9's to be perfect and pointed out to us they they were after all year 9's so if they made mistakes while going through these teenage years teachers would first remember just how old they are, they are teenages learning about their world and are not going to be perfect.
So instead of trying to make little children sit listen and obey how about remembering they are little people learning about their world in their way so why are we trying to put labels on them like "explores the world in which she lives" Or "Children develop their emerging autonomy, inter-dependence, resilience and sense of agency" Come on........ My child has attended day care since 12 months old and now attending kinder, my child is still adjusting to separation and I know when he gets to school next year its going to be a whole different atmosphere, I know my child isn't going to cope next year, who do I thank for that? Day care workers for getting my child ready for school since day dot of attending care, well what ever your doing its not working and the center my child attended moved from the old system to EYLF, cant see the difference in my child because carers have put some nice quotes next to his observations referring to the EYLF.
And I would also like to add that the government should stop doing experiments on our littlies, that's what the EYLF is an experiment, it will get tested for 15-20 on the next generation and when everyone realises it did nothing we will forget what real caring and nurturing is about its about LOVE. So stop wasting tax payers dollars on this and provide care for parents who are trying to make ends meet, not for parents who want to put their kids in care for a day off, yes thats right there are children in care who's parents sit at home all day and do "not much", I know because I ask them what they did for the day when they pick up their children.
If people are going to have kids they should look after them like parents should not drop them off some where to be cared for by someone else.
If both parents are working care should be provided for those children, not parents who sit around doing nothing all day, you know who's paying for those parents its the tax payer, I can think of better ways to spend our taxes and that's not for parents who cant meet their parenting obligations and need a day off or two or three.

grandma
Participator
Participator

Post by grandma » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:27 am

To justathought august post
I agree that EYLF needs to be part of the school system as well as early childhood. It would be great to think our kids could flow on with this as they go off to big school. Hopefully we will see a flow on very soon

cathiek
Coach
Coach

Post by cathiek » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:22 pm

Whilst I agree with the above, (i work in WA where Kindys which is for 4yo are part of the school and I use the EYLF) after that the next year level Pre-Primary (in WA) Prep, Reception etc they have to use the Aust Curriculum and trust me there is not a lot of time in that for play based learning (more is the pity I believe) but as the Aust Curric is being implemented across the country, we will have to just do our best to give the littlies the play based learning that EYLF provides. I do realise it is a huge ask, especially for those who work in child care, but thank goodness thats where sites like this one are an absolute godsend.

nidaoconnell

Post by nidaoconnell » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:27 pm

Having proble how to plan a series experience for 3-5 yrs, i am student just doing some relieving work every now and then. Any one who can suggest ..please ..Applebe

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:07 pm

Having proble how to plan a series experience for 3-5 yrs, i am student just doing some relieving work every now and then. Any one who can suggest ..please ..Applebe
Please start a new topic for your question. For help read the following:

Where to post what
Forum Rules & Regulations

L.A

nidaoconnell

Post by nidaoconnell » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:08 am

my plan so far teach the children how to use scissor, cutting picture from magazine, making sure children cut picture on the straitgh line. any sugget, Thanks heps , Applebe.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:02 pm

Hi Nida,

Did you read my last post?

You will need to create a new topic for your question in the correct forum. If this is for an assignment create a new topic in the correct assignment forum or if it’s a general question please choose the corresponding forum to add your new topic in.

I’m sorry but you will not receive any support unless you follow the forum rules.

So once again, create a new topic for your question!

Thank you,
L.A

juzzy33

Post by juzzy33 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:06 pm

hi im new to this forum im currently doing my diploma and up to module PR510A and need help with the last task 11 the questions is:
Submit the documentation which reflects your understanding and implementation of your program.
You must include:
• Family input.
• Child initiated experiences.
• Educator initiated experiences.
• Learning stories which reflect experiences in the program.
• Learning outcomes.
• Project work.
• Intentional teaching.
• Inclusive practices.
• Evaluations.
• Personal reflections.
Refer:
NQS Quality area 1
EYLF:
• Principles.
• Practice
• Learning outcomes.
I am lost i dont know if i am meant to be doing this based on my philosphy and my own program or the service im a student at can someone help please....:)

juzzy33

Post by juzzy33 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:10 pm

also i dont really know what is expected of this task yep i need help bad ...am i meant to be placing learning stories and all of the above in to this task ...this task is frustrating me thanks a heaps people :) juzzy

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:10 pm

Hi Juzzy,

Please post your above assignment question in the correct assignment forum. This topic is only used for general questions on EYLF Programming and Planning. Someone will get back to your question once you have posted it correctly. For more information on posting, please read the following:

Where to post what

:geek:,
L.A

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:18 pm

This topic has now been locked. For further discussions on the EYLF please start a new topic.

:geek:,
L.A