Zone of Proximal Development (ZPD).

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
nemodori
Contributor
Contributor

Zone of Proximal Development (ZPD).

Post by nemodori » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:24 pm

A)Explain the term Zone of Proximal Development. (ZPD). Give an example to support your answer.

B)

I have written -

A) ZPD is the difference between what a learner can do without help and what they can do with help. It is a concept introduced, yet not fully developed, by Soviet psychologist Lev Vygotsky (1896-1934) during the last 10 years of this life.

B) Scaffolding is directly related to ZPD in that is the support mechanism that helps a learner successfully perform a task within his or her ZPD.

Now.. My problem here is that for A) - I am not sure of what type of example I have to give? Do you any of you know? Please help me out. And please check out B) and let me know if I am correct or wrong.