Scenarios: Where Are The Chickens, Ollie and Story Time

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Jaspreetatri
Helper
Helper

Scenarios: Where Are The Chickens, Ollie and Story Time

Post by Jaspreetatri » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:36 pm

Scenario 1
Where are the Chickens

Ellie: “We can’t see the chickens.”
Hannah: “I think they must be asleep.”
Ellie: “Can we look in their house?”
Educator: “We sure can, as long as we are very quiet so that we don’t frighten them.”
Educator: “I’ll open the door very quietly.”
Ellie: “There they are. They’re not asleep. What’re they doing?”
Educator: “What do you think they’re doing Hannah?”
Hannah: “I think they’re just relaxing in their bedroom.”
Ellie: “Yeah!”
Ava: “Now they’re going downstairs.”
Educator: “Let’s close the door and go around the other side so that we can see them.”
Ellie: “Here they come. Hello chickens. We can see you now!”
Ava: “They’re having their breakfast. We putted some food in there for them before.”
Educator: “Yes, I saw you putting their food pellets on the straw for them to peck.”
Hannah: “Their food smells!”
Educator: “I wonder what sort of food is in their pellets.”
Ellie: “Well I think it must be grass ‘cause they peck the grass.”
Educator: “Good thinking Ellie.”
Hannah: “I think it might be poo. (everyone giggles)”
Educator: (laughs)” It does smell a bit like poo.”
Ellie: “I think it might be seeds ‘cause at my Poppy’s we give them seeds.”
Educator: “Maybe those seeds are wheat. You’ll have to ask your Poppy Ellie. Maybe your Poppy will let you bring some seeds in to show us.”
Hannah: “I’m glad we don’t have to eat chicken pellets!”
Ava: “Me too!”

Scenario 2
Ollie

The Educator lifts Ollie up above her head. “Hello beautiful boy.” Ollie laughs, “You like that don’t you. You like being up in the air!”
The Educator sits Ollie on her lap and continues to talk to him. “Your mummy said you kept her awake all night. Ollie laughs. Oh you think that was funny do you Ollie? I don’t think mummy thought it was funny. Did you have a pain in your tummy Ollie? You’ll have to have a big sleep today so that you’re nice and relaxed tonight.”
As the Educator talks to Ollie she pauses, waits for him to respond and then continues. As she is talking Ollie babbles and smiles at the Educator.
“Look Ollie here’s the caterpillar. You like the caterpillar don’t you. It makes crunchy sounds.”
Ollie laughs and grasps the caterpillar.

Scenario 3
Story Time

Every day before lunch the Educator gathers the children together in the 3’s room to read stories and sing songs/rhymes. The Educator knows that this has a calming effect on the children and allows them to settle down for the afternoon period.
Before she begins her story the Educator comments about the morning program. “We’ve had a very busy morning. I saw Jonty and Ellam and Cooper, building roads in the sandpit. I saw Nell and Maisy climbing to the top of the climbing frame.” (The Educator continues until each child has been mentioned).
Today the Educator reads a favourite, “Where’s the green sheep?” The children happily join in the story.
Next the Educator uses a range of picture props for the monkey rhyme which the children also love – they shout out the repetitious section of the rhyme on cue.
As the Educator is working with the children she uses a range of tones in her voice and uses a number of different facial expressions.
The Educator also makes eye contact with the children as she scans the group.
When Milly stands and moves closer to the lounge the Educator simply continues with the story. Milly has just moved up to the 3’s room from the 2’s group.
When children make comments or talk to others the Educator continues as she knows the children will return their attention to her.
To conclude the session the Educator asks Callum to nominate a song to sing. “Callum, it’s your turn today to pick a song for us to sing. Can you think of what song you would like.” Callum does not immediately so other children begin to make suggestions.
Educator: “Thank you for all your good ideas. That might help Callum as he’s thinking.”
Callum then says, “Let’s sing the cowboy song!”
Educator: “Great choice Callum!”

Q. How do the Educators demonstrate Element 5.1.1 Interactions with each child are warm, responsive and build trusting relationships?
Educators who are attuned to children’s thoughts and feelings support the development of a strong sense of wellbeing. They positively interact with the young child in their learning. Mutually supportive relationships are very important in school age care settings. Secure, respectful and reciprocal relationships provide the foundation upon which the community in school age care settings is established.
QUESTION 7 (B)

Q. How do the Educators demonstrate Element 5.1.2 Every child is able to engage with Educators in meaningful, open interactions that support the acquisition of skills for life and learning?
Educators who engage in intentional teaching recognise that learning occurs in social contexts and that interaction and conversations are vitally important for learning. For example, “Oh wow Jessica, you kicked the ball” By communicating with toddlers this way, the child can make connections between the action and the words. They will begin to understand that their actions are acknowledged and the educator is interested in what he/she is doing.

These are the answers I have given to those questions but my assessor said that I need to think about all 3 scenarios and then provide the answer according to those.
Really have no idea what changes I can do. please help.
Thanks

Jaspreetatri
Helper
Helper

Re: effective interactions with children

Post by Jaspreetatri » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:48 pm

How do the Educators demonstrate Element 5.1.1 Interactions with each child are warm, responsive and build trusting relationships?
1. predictable personal-care routines that are rich and enjoyable experiences for babies and toddlers
2. educators and co-ordinators responding to babies and toddlers when they practice and play with language, by repeating the words, sounds and gestures that children use.
3. educators and co-ordinators learn about babies’ and toddlers’ non-verbal cues and communication strategies.
4. staffing and grouping arrangements within a centre-based service support the development of trusting relationships between educators and babies and toddlers.
I revise and came up with this answer. please tell me if I am right

Jaspreetatri
Helper
Helper

Post by Jaspreetatri » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:28 am

can you help me with this one please lorina?

Jaspreetatri
Helper
Helper

Post by Jaspreetatri » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:51 pm

Please tell me what should I write

Lorina

Re: Scenarios: Where Are The Chickens, Ollie and Story Time

Post by Lorina » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:09 pm

You can use the following which will help guide your answer:

Guide to The NQS

:geek:,
Lorina

Jaspreetatri
Helper
Helper

Post by Jaspreetatri » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:32 pm

How do the Educators demonstrate Element 5.1.1 Interactions with each child are warm, responsive and build trusting relationships?
Children expressing ideas and feelings and sharing humour with the nominated supervisor, educators, co-ordinators and staff members.
Engaging in sustained conversations with individual children about things that interest the child.
Consistently responding positively to all children who require their attention.
Responding sensitively and appropriately to all children’s efforts to communicate.
An atmosphere that is generally relaxed and happy.
Educators responding to babies and toddlers when they practice and play with language, by repeating the words, sounds and gestures that children use.

QUESTION 7 (B)

How do the Educators demonstrate Element 5.1.2 Every child is able to engage with Educators in meaningful, open interactions that support the acquisition of skills for life and learning?
Children engaging in spontaneous, two-way conversations and interactions with educators and co-ordinators about what is happening around them and what can be learnt from these experiences.
Educators participating in children’s play and using children’s cues to guide their level and type of involvement.
Educators describing objects and events and talking about routine activities with babies and toddlers.
Educators and co-ordinators encouraging give-and-take communication by adding to interactions initiated by babies and toddlers.
Educators sharing with children their stories and ideas.

Can you tell me if iam on right track now please .
Thanks Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:57 pm

Yes, you're on the right track!

:geek:,
Lorina