Scenarios On Supporting Children's Learning

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
seep
Contributor
Contributor

Scenarios On Supporting Children's Learning

Post by seep » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:39 am

please have a look at the scenarios and suggest am I right in my responses or not or what other responses could be? thanks

SCENARIOS:
Janie is 3 years old and runs in one morning to tell you she has started ballet classes, Her mother confirms that she is enrolled in ballet every Saturday morning and is really enjoying it

I will create a dance competition activity in which I will make two teams of children. I will take them to an indoor location where music is available and then ask one member from each team to come and dance, while others including myself will clap. Then gradually I will involve each kid in the dance session and will dance with them to show example. I will observe the children who are not actively participating and will encourage them to dance with me. At the end of activity everyone will clap for entire group of children.
------------------------------------------------------
You Observe Tom and David, both 4 years, pulling the cushions off the lounge and doing roly polys on them in the middle of the block mat, they are having great fun but disturbing the other children's block play

I will create a new game for cushions arranging where child will be required to arrange cushions in different orders. I will ask both David and Tom to come with me in a relatively clear space and arrange the cushions to make a shape that I will ask them. Shapes that I will ask them to make will be standard shapes like square, rectangle, triangle and circle. If they don't know about any particular shape, I will tell them about it and help them creating that shape with cushions.
-----------------------------------------------------
Frankie is 2 1/2 years and is watching the older children walking across the balance beam outdoors.He is bouncing up and down leaning on the balance beam with his feet on the ground.He is unable to climb up the ladder and walk across the beam independently but is showing great interest in doing so.

I will hold Frankie in my hands and help him climb the ladder. Then I, while holding him, will ask him to walk on the balance beam. I will make sure that even if he slips or loses his balance, he does not fell or get injured, by holding him very carefully.
------------------------------------------------------
some of the pre- schoolers have spontaneously decide to dig a hole to the bottom of the sandpit. they energetically then begin a race to each dig their own hole to the bottom of the sandpit. each child climbing that they will get to the bottom first.....Sam is one of the younger boys in the group and is watching this competition whilst smiling and filing his sand bucket. He says to the educator nearby........"I dug big big hole at the beach with my dad once"

I will show my excitement on what Sam told me and will encourage him to participate in the activity. I will tell him that he should be able to get to the bottom before anyone else because he has already done it with dad. I will also help him digging a hole initially to get him started and once I will se that he has started digging then I will let him do the activity alone.

Lorina

Re: Scenarios On Supporting Children's Learning

Post by Lorina » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:50 pm

I think your responses are good! and you have some good ideas to extend on the children's interests!! :thumbup:

:geek:,
Lorina