Scenario: Jane - Smoking In The Staff Room

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
seep
Contributor
Contributor

Scenario: Jane - Smoking In The Staff Room

Post by seep » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:17 pm

hello my supervisor has asked me to rewrite my response about the below scenario, "(my supervisor has asked to explain that who will I talk to and what will I say)"am posting my response please help me that how can I improve my response.thanks.
here is the scenario

Scenario 2) In the following scenario what would you do? You will need access to the ECA Code of Ethics to complete this task.
Whilst on your break you walk into the staff room, Jane your co-worker is smoking in the staff room, which is not allowed in a children’s service. You ask Jane why she has begun smoking in the staff room. She tells you it’s too cold outside and Laurel (the authorized supervisor) is not around anyway. Jane makes you promise that you won’t tell Laurel. You know that smoking is wrong in the workplace especially as children are in your workplace, but Jane is a good friend. What would you do next? Why? Who should you inform about this? What would you say? Refer to the ECA Code of Ethics in your answer and any other relevant legislation.

my answer
I will talk to the center director in this regard in Jane's presence to ensure that it is not considered backbiting or ill-intended. I will inform the director about the situation that I witnessed and how it is against the code of ethics and law and the serious consequences it may leave on the health of children. It will have to be ensured that a proper course of action is taken as per the law to avoid such situation does not repeat in future.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my other scenario was

In the following scenario what would you do?you will need access to ECA code of ethics to complate this task.Whilst or Prac your supervisor asks you to be in sole incharge of ten children on the out door area.if you undertake this task you will be unsupervised with ten children.Do you say yes to your supervisor?why/why not?Refer to the ECA code of ethics in your answer and any other relevent legislation.

my previous answer was
it will depend on the available outdoor location if the available area is secured and safe enough for the children and I can keep an eye on each indvidual child and there is no health and safety risk in that area then I would say yes,I will also ensure if the available area allow me to provide attention to each child where I can ensure the enhancement of each child's learning,development,engagment,initatives,self worth and I am able to show respect to their contributions
However if I find it difficult to fulfill my above mentioned responsibilities due to the design or size of the outdoor area then I will politely refuse to take this task/assignment as this will be against code of ethics

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
please suggest how can I fix the above mentioned scenario what other options could be?thanks

Lorina

Re: Scenario: Jane - Smoking In The Staff Room

Post by Lorina » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:54 am

This will help with the first scenario:

Scenario: Jane - Smoking

As for your second scenario I have already responded in your previous topic on the same scenario...

:geek:,
Lorina