Scenario - Gita: Workplacement Task Planning For Children

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Lyndal98

Scenario - Gita: Workplacement Task Planning For Children

Post by Lyndal98 » Thu May 26, 2016 3:22 pm

Hello
can u please help me with this i am stuck
thanks

Simulated Workplace Task
Scenario: Are you receiving?
Gita (19 years) has two months to go until she completes her Certificate 3 Traineeship. Gita has completed all of her theory tasks and is now finalising her last workplace tasks. She has progressed well through the course and is pleased with her results. Unfortunately, her mentor and supervisor, Layla, has had to take unexpected sick leave and will not return to the service until next year. Layla’s replacement, Tom (27 years) has been working in children’s services for six years and has a Diploma. Tom is undertaking his EC teaching degree part-time. This is Tom’s first supervisory role. Gita is very outgoing and bubbly and finds it difficult to relate to Tom who is quiet and serious.
To finalise her workplace tasks Gita is required to complete a series of planned experiences with the preschool group. Tom must approve Gita’s plans and observe and comment on her experiences.
Gita is confident that her plans reflect the interests of the children and meet the diverse needs of the group. She uses the same planning format she has been using all year and is shocked when told by Tom that her work is unsatisfactory.
Tom: ‘Gita, these plans are not detailed enough. I can’t see what you’re trying to achieve with the children. What are they learning? How are they being challenged? Your learning outcomes are vague. It seems to me you just haven’t put in much thought or effort. You’ll need to do them again and give them to me tomorrow morning for my approval. I hope you put in a better effort this time! Do you have any questions?’
Gita is so taken aback by what Tom has said that she shakes her head. Tom walks away leaving Gita to ponder his feedback.
Gita begins to cry – she feels that Tom’s feedback was harsh and unjust. As she reflects on what Tom said she begins to feel angry. What right does he have to speak to her like that? He doesn’t know her or the children. Layla had always been full of praise for her work. She certainly never criticised her planning. Gita decides that Tom is just throwing his weight around and she is the unfortunate victim.
As soon as she gets home Gita rings her friend Carla, who is an experienced EC teacher for advice.

Lorina

Re: Scenario

Post by Lorina » Fri May 27, 2016 8:12 pm

So, what do you have to do?

:geek:,
Lorina

Lyndal98

Re: Scenario - Gita: Workplacement Task Planning For Children

Post by Lyndal98 » Fri May 27, 2016 10:38 pm

Can you please give me some giudedes on these
thanks
A) Gita says that she is going to tell Tom his comments are unfair. She is angry and wants him to know that Layla has never given her such negative feedback. Write two pieces of advice you could give to her?

b) What advice could you give Gita about what she could now say to Tom (and how she could say it) to address her concerns?

c) Gita asks you if she should make any changes to her plans before talking to Tom. How would you respond and why?

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat May 28, 2016 11:40 am

The following article will help:

Handling Conflicts

:geek:,
Lorina

Lyndal98

Post by Lyndal98 » Mon May 30, 2016 3:36 pm

thank you

Tegan Christensen