programming and planning project

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
taradang

programming and planning project

Post by taradang » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:05 am

Please help me about this writing observation... I don't know I write in the right way or not. Thank you for your time!!!

ANECDOTAL RECORD
Child’s name: TOBY
Date of birth: 4/9/13
Age of child: 2 years 8 months Observed by: TARA
Setting: Inside activity table
Date: 19/5/16
Observation (objective description of what you see the child doing or saying)
Toby was stacking and lining up small Lego blocks onto a base. He said “I’m going to make it taller.” He continued to stack and fit Lego pieces together. Then he said “Look at my cake!” He walked to the kitchen and showed to 2 other friends his cake. He said again “Look at my cake!” Toby put the cake in the oven. The other two friends left the kitchen. Kloyie went to the kitchen and opened the oven. Toby said “No, don’t open it! The cake is cooking.” After a minute, he took his cake out of the oven and placed it on the table. Kloyie looked at the cake and said “Hey, let’s build it!” So, Toby and Kloyle took the cake apart and started stacking pieces. Educator Ruby asked them, “What are you making?” Toby said “It’s not done yet. I’m making a nothing.” Toby and Kloyle continued to stack pieces. After a couple minutes, Toby announced. “We’re done!” I ask Toby “What did you make?” He said “We made a tower.”

Analysis (developmental information; strengths, interests. Each point needs to supported by theorists, textbook, information or the EYLF)
Toby is learning fine motor skills how to express himself and how to cooperate with others through dramatic play. It seems that he is also learning the process of baking a cake. When Kloyie makes a suggestion. Toby is willing to share and try her idea. They are engaging in positive social interactions. A project that Toby and Kloyie mind find interesting is creating dramatic play props.

Other information (from previous observations, conversations with others e.g. families)
Toby was playing the animal on the table with his friends as he hold the lion and then he ROAR to his friends

Future Planning (experiences and strategies that would benefit the child’s development further)
I would choose a variety of art and modeling materials for them to work with

LEARNING STORY
Child’s name: TOBY
Date of birth: 4/9/13
Age of child: 2 years 8 months Observed by: TARA
Setting: Inside group activity
At lunch time, the educator introduced to the children about her home country where she used to love, Italy. She showed to the children the inflatable earth ball and showed them where is Australia and where is Italy. Toby was listen very carefully and speaking follow the educator “Italy”. After that, educator start sing an Italian’s song and she teach children some simple Italian language. Toby sing some words of Italian with his friends and they’re all standing up and dancing

Analysis (developmental information; strengths, interests. Each point needs to supported by theorists, textbook, information or the EYLF)
Toby explore the diversity of culture, heritage, background and tradition and that diversity presents opportunities for choices and new understandings

Other information (from previous observations, conversations with others e.g. families)
Toby looked at his passport which had a temp “Italy” on it and said “I’m going to Italy”

Future Planning (experiences and strategies that would benefit the child’s development further)
To extend on this, create another country experience which enable Toby to explore further with his interests in this topic

JOTTING
Child’s Name: _______TOBY______________Date of birth: ___4/9/13____ Age:_2 years 8 months___
Setting and Background Information:

Observation (objective description of what you see the child doing or saying as it happens. 3-5 sentences)

He looked into tomato pasta can and smell it. His face showed how interesting
Answer to educator “Me, me, me” when educator asked “Who loves pasta?”
Toby also answer to educator about the colour of the bowties “It’s yellow” and speak follow the educator “Rosemary” very loud

Toby show interest in other children and being part of group. He is also engage in and contribute to shared play experience. In addition, he broaden his understanding of the world in which he lives

Educators promote the learning when he model language that he can use to express ideas; negotiate roles and collaborate to achieve goals

ANECDOTAL RECORD
Child’s name: NOAH
Date of birth: 27/5/13
Age of child: 3 years Observed by: TARA
Setting: Outside activity

Noah took a ball and put it under his shirt. He said “I have a baby.” Damien looked at Jack and then he touched Jack’s belly (the ball). Damien said “I want a baby too.” Damien walked around the playground, found a ball and put it under his shirt. Damien wandered around by himself with the ball under his shirt for several minutes. Noah was playing with Dominique and did not keep the ball under his shirt as long as Damien. Noah removed the ball from his shirt. He found a plastic wheelbarrow. Noah told Dominique to sit in the wheelbarrow

Noah and Dominique are engaged in dramatic play. Damien starts as a spectator and then he follows Noah. Noah is developing gross motor skills by running and pushing the wheelbarrow. I think that Noah and perhaps, Damien and Dominique are also trying to understand how human life evolves

Noah stood at the door and observing what will he going to play

One way to expend on their activity is to introduce an embryology project. Many children have an interest in animals and having them watch eggs hatch can answer their questions on how life begins for many species. It is also an exciting experience for many children

LEARNING STORY
Child’s name: NOAH
Date of birth: 27/5/13
Age of child: 3 years Observed by: TARA
As educator was setting up Noah stood watching her and when the children asked what their favourite thing at kindy was, Noah replied with “I liked the museum in a box butterfly puppets and books.” To do this, educator explained children to use yellow, red, blue and green paint in which they painted on one side of their paper. Noah holds the paintbrush with a developing tripod grip. He can be seen enjoying this experience through his facial expression and concentration on his paper
Through this experience I observed Noah as a confident and involve learner. For this I am going to use LO 4.3.8. Child transfers knowledge from one setting to another and LO 1.1.7. Child openly expresses their feelings and ideas in their interactions with others

His parents suggest he like communicate well with his ideas
To extend on this, create another paint experience which enable Noah to explore further with his interests

JOTTING
Child’s Name: _______NOAH______________Date of birth: _27/5/13____ Age:____3 years__________
Setting and Background Information: outside playground

Observation (objective description of what you see the child doing or saying as it happens. 3-5 sentences)
Making a sand hole. I asked “What do you make a hole for?” He answered “I make a pool.” He share activities with his friends as to make mud cake by sand together, also sing a birthday song with his friends when they finished the birthday sand cake

Noah discover and explore some connections among people. He also use play to investigate project and explore new ideas

Provide Noah with access to a range of natural materials in his environment
Consider the nature of Noah’s connectedness to the land and demonstrate respect for community protocols

ANECDOTAL RECORD
Child’s name: ALANA
Date of birth: 9/8/13
Age of child: 2 years 9 months Observed by: TARA
Setting: Outside activity

Alana piled up a mound of sand in front of her on the picnic table with her friend and then they began to sing “Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me.” When they finished singing, they puffed out their cheeks and pretended to blow out the candles on top of their sand cakes

Through this experience I observed Alana initiates and joins in play experiences. For this I’m going to use LO 1.4.1 Children learn to interact in relation to others with care, empathy and respect; LO 1.4.3. Child engages in and contributes to shared play experiences; LO 2.1.11. Child is playful and responds positively to others, reaching out for company and friendship

Alana loves to play with soft toys, painting, reading book and sand at sand kit

To extend on this learning experience we will set up more kitchen stuff so Alana can create more how to make foods or other kind of cakes

LEARNING STORY
Child’s name: ALANA
Date of birth: 9/8/13
Age of child: 2 years 9 months Observed by: TIEN
Date: 20/5/16
As educator was setting up Alana stood watching her “I like painting, is it my turn to paint?” Alana walked over to the easel. Educator asked Alana what she will be painting. Alana turned and said “It’s a surprise.” She confidently drew a circle on the piece of paper using blue paint. Smiling, on top of the blue circle Alana painted a red circle. She mixed both the blue and red together. She chucked “I made purple.” Under the circle, Alana painted a straight yellow line and on top of it, use blue “green, that’s what I want” she said quietly to herself. Next, Alana used the yellow paint to make semi circled around the purple circle. Alana walked over to educator and tugged at her jacket “I’m almost finished, want to see?” she said excitedly. Alana took educator’s hand and they walked over to where Alana had been painting. She pointed to her painting “I did it, all by myself, it’s a flower.” Alana said. “You did such a fantastic job! I can tell you really concentrated to make your flower perfect and it is” educator said. Alana smile proudly

Through this experience I observed Alana as a confident and involve learner
For this I am going to use LO 4.1. Children develop dispositions for learning such as curiously, cooperation, confidence, creativity, commitment, enthusiasm, persistence, imagination and reflexivity

Alana picked up the pencil with her right hand using a palmer grasp begin to write a first letter of her name

To extend on this learning experience we will set up a marble painting experience which will enable Alana to continue experimenting with mix colours together

JOTTING
Child’s Name: _____ALANA____________Date of birth: ___9/8/13____ Age:____2 years 9 months__
Setting and Background Information: build them up

This morning, Alana came up to the large mat inside where the large Lego boxes were situated. As Alana sat down, she found 2 blocks that were already stacked together on a mat, a red and yellow one. Alana positioned them upright with her hands she then chose another greenblock and repeated process of stacking and pressing the block firmly down. At the end, I said “well done Alana, you did it” to which she gave a big smile

LO 1
Children develop their emerging automony, inter-dependence, resilience and sense of agency
Children develop knowledgeable and confident self-identities
LO 4
Children develop dispositions for learning such as curiousty, cooperation, confidence, creativity, commitment, enthusiasm, persistence, imagination, and reflexivity

To extend on this learning experience we will set up more types of Lego which will enable Alana to continue experimenting with build them up