Physical and Emotional Wellbeing

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
landa123

Physical and Emotional Wellbeing

Post by landa123 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:25 pm

Hi Loraine,
Could you please check if my answers are correct for these questions I have listed them below for you to look at:

1. Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) provides guidance to early childhood educators in reinforcing in their daily practice the principles laid out in the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child. List the two (2) principles being reinforced by the EYLF.

Answer for 1: The Convention states that all children have the right to an education that lays a foundation for the rest of their lives, maximises their ability, and respects their family, cultural and other identities and languages.
Article 30 (Children of minorities/indigenous groups): Minority or indigenous children have the right to learn about and practice their own culture, language and religion. The right to practice one’s own culture, language and religion applies to everyone; the Convention here highlights this right in instances where the practices are not shared by the majority of people in the country. Belonging.

Answer for 2: The Convention also recognises children’s right to play and be active participants in all matters affecting their lives. ( p 5).
Article 31 (Leisure, play and culture): Children have the right to relax and play, and to join in a wide range of cultural, artistic and other recreational activities. Being and become.

2.List fundamental professional responsibility of early childhood professionals according to the Early Childhood Australia’s Code of Ethics?
My Answers are :
I. In relation to children, I will:
1.Act in the best interests of all children.
2.Respect the rights of children as enshrined in the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (1991) and commit to advocating for these rights.
3.Recognise children as active citizens participating in different communities such as family, children's services and schools.
4.Work with children to help them understand that they are global citizens with shared responsibilities to the environment and humanity.
5.Respect the special relationship between children and their families and incorporate this perspective in all my interactions with children.
6.Create and maintain safe, healthy environments, spaces and places, which enhance children's learning, development, engagement, initiative, self-worth, dignity and show respect for their contributions.
7.Work to ensure children and families with additional needs can exercise their rights.
8.Acknowledge the uniqueness and potential of all children, in recognition that enjoying their childhood without undue pressure is important.
9.Acknowledge the holistic nature of children's learning and the significance of children's cultural and linguistic identities.
10.Work to ensure children are not discriminated against on the basis of gender, age, ability, economic status, family structure, lifestyle, ethnicity, religion, language, culture, or national origin.
11.Acknowledge children as competent learners, and build active communities of engagement and inquiry.
12.Honour children's right to play, as both a process and context for learning.

. In relation to families, I will:
1.Listen to and learn from families, in order to acknowledge and build upon their strengths and competencies, and support them in their role of nurturing children.
2.Assist each family to develop a sense of belonging and inclusion.
3.Develop positive relationships based on mutual trust and open communication.
4.Develop partnerships with families and engage in shared decision making where appropriate.
5.Acknowledge the rights of families to make decisions about their children.
6.Respect the uniqueness of each family and strive to learn about their culture, structure, lifestyle, customs, language, beliefs and kinship systems.
7.Develop shared planning, monitoring and assessment practices for children's learning and communicate this in ways that families understand.
8.Acknowledge that each family is affected by the community contexts in which they engage.
9.Be sensitive to the vulnerabilities of children and families and respond in ways that empower and maintain the dignity of all children and families.
10.Maintain confidentiality and respect the right of the family to privacy.

In relation to colleagues, I will:
1.Encourage my colleagues to adopt and act in accordance with this Code, and take action in the presence of unethical behaviours.
2.Build collaborative relationships based on trust, respect and honesty.
3.Acknowledge and support the personal strengths, professional experience and diversity which my colleagues bring to their work.
4.Make every effort to use constructive methods to manage differences of opinion in the spirit of collegiality.
5.Share and build knowledge, experiences and resources with my colleagues.
6.Collaborate with my colleagues to generate a culture of continual reflection and renewal of high quality practices in early childhood.

In relation to communities, I will:
1.Learn about the communities that I work within and enact curriculum programs which are responsive to those contexts and community priorities.
2.Connect with people, services and agencies within the communities that support children and families.
3.Promote shared aspirations amongst communities in order to enhance children's health and wellbeing.
4.Advocate for the development and implementation of laws and policies that promote child-friendly communities and work to change those that work against child and family wellbeing.
5.Utilise knowledge and research to advocate for universal access to a range of high-quality early childhood programs for all children.
6.Work to promote community understanding of how children learn in order that appropriate systems of assessment and reporting are used to benefit children.

relation to students, I will:
1.Afford professional opportunities and resources for students to demonstrate their competencies.
2.Acknowledge and support the personal strengths, professional knowledge, diversity and experience which students bring to the learning environment.
3.Model high-quality professional practices.
4.Know the requirements of the students' individual institutions and communicate openly with the representatives of that institution.
5.Provide ongoing constructive feedback and assessment that is fair and equitable.
6.Implement strategies that will empower students to make positive contributions to the workplace.
7.Maintain confidentiality in relation to students.

In relation to my employer, I will:
1.Support workplace policies, standards and practices that are fair, non-discriminatory and are in the best interest of children and families.
2.Promote and support ongoing professional development within my work team.
3.Adhere to lawful policies and procedures and when there is conflict, attempt to effect change through constructive action within the organisation or seek change through appropriate procedures.

In relation to myself as a professional, I will:
1.Base my work on contemporary perspectives on research, theory, content knowledge, high quality early childhood practices and my understandings of the children and families with whom I work.
2.Regard myself as a learner who undertakes reflection, critical self-study, continuing professional development and engages with contemporary theory and practice.
3.Seek and build collaborative professional relationships.
4.Acknowledge the power dimensions within professional relationships.
5.Act in ways that advance the interests and standing of my profession.
6.Work within the limits of my professional role and avoid misrepresentation of my professional competence and qualifications.
7.Mentor other early childhood professionals and students.
8.Advocate in relation to issues that impact on my profession and on young children and their families.
9.Encourage qualities and practices of leadership within the early childhood profession.

In relation to the conduct of research, I will:
1.Recognise that research includes my routine documentation and investigations of children's learning and development, as well as more formal research projects undertaken with and by external bodies.
2.Be responsive to children's participation in research, negotiating their involvement taking account of matters such as safety, fatigue, privacy and their interest.
3.Support research to strengthen and expand the knowledge base of early childhood, and where possible, initiate, contribute to, facilitate and disseminate such research.
4.Make every effort to understand the purpose and value of proposed research projects and make informed decisions as to the participation of myself, colleagues, children, families and communities.
5.Ensure research in which I am involved meets standard ethical procedures including informed consent, opportunity to withdraw and confidentiality.
6.Ensure that images of children and other data are only collected with informed consent and are stored and utilised according to legislative and policy requirements.
7.Represent the findings of all research accurately

3. In the table below, give two (2) examples of practices and routines used by families that you are aware of or have learned about during your vocational placement. On the next column, give the underlying cultural or personal rationale of each practice/routine. An example is provided as your guide.
My Answers for 1: Family routine/practice: Asian put their babies and toddlers to bed quite late around 10 to 11 p.m. Babies sleep with their parents until they’re toddlers.
Cultural or personal rationale behind the practice/routine: The reason why they put their babies and toddlers to bed late are quite normal in their countries. Another reason would be that parents want to spend time with the children after work, so bedtime gets pushed back to create more family time. Babies sleep with their parents until they’re toddlers. It's cultures and also standard practice in some countries to sleep your baby in the same bed as an extended family member (like a grandmother, or an aunt).

My Answers for 2: Family routine/practice:Preparing and eating meals together with family on the table.
dressing.
Cultural or personal rationale behind the practice/routine: Family meal that brings some couture closer, exposure to family conversation and to teach children about their culture food.

4. What is the core relationship supporting a child’s emotional development? My answers are :
The parent/ child relationship is the core relationship support a child's development. both mothers and fathers play a critical role, with the emotional quality of each relationship having a distinct impact on development. It is through the parent/ child relationship that infants begin to understand their world across all development domains.

5. What other key relationships contribute to the child’s emotional development? Give two (2). My answers are: The other key relationships contribute to the child’s emotional development may include:
• Sibling relationship
• Extended family relationships, depending on proximity and frequency of interaction; for example peer relationship within the child care setting and Some cultures such Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders families have a complex social structure with many individuals within a clan, totem or language group, all working collaboratively for the best interest of the child.

6. Examples of common organisational standards related to the care of infant, toddlers and children and are relevant to Early Childhood Education and Care. List two (2) of each. My answers are:
2. National physical activity Recommendation for children 0-5 years.
Standard healthy eating and physical activity are embedded in the program for children.
Quality Area 2-children's health and safety
The National Quality Standard 2.1.2 states ‘Each child’s comfort is provided for and there are appropriate opportunities to meet each child’s need for sleep, rest and relaxation’.
Standards for Cots (AS/NZS 2172);1.2 Check that cots, bedding and equipment meet approved standards.
1. promote safe sleep.
4. Create a healthy and safe supporting environment.
Using standard infection control.
Standard 2.1 Each child's health is promoted
Standard 2.3 Each child is protected
2 promote positive nappy changing and toilet experience.
Standard 2.2 Healthy eating and physical activity are embedded in the program for children.

 7. Procedure before preparing formula: My answers are:
Check the expiration date:Look for an expiration or "use by" date on the formula container. If the expiration date has passed, you can't be sure of the formula's quality. Don't use outdated infant formula.
Wash thoroughly hands and food contact surfaces (e.g. bench tops) with soap and warm water and dry thoroughly.
Wash and sterilise equipment such as bottles, teats and utensils. Use sterile tongs to remove bottles and so on, to avoid re-contaminating the equipment.

Lorina

Re: Physical and Emotional Wellbeing

Post by Lorina » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:15 pm

Yes, it seems like you're on the right track! :thumbup:

Just a quick one - instead of referring to "Asians" you can say something like Families from South East Asian countries (or the country you are referring to) etc.

:geek:,
Lorina