Pedagogical Practices

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Emma1

Pedagogical Practices

Post by Emma1 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:59 pm

Hey, im currently doing my on the job assignments and one question is:

Describe 3 situations where you have bee involved in pedagogical practices.

I have no attempted answer as i really don't understand 'pedagogical practices'. Ive googled the term but i still cant comprehend the information. I apologize for not having an answer i honestly do not understand this concept.

Emma1

Re: Pedagogical Practices

Post by Emma1 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:18 pm

UPDATE

I have written an example that iv'e been apart of that i think connects with pedagogical practice. I have done a reflection too. Hope I'm somewhat on the right track.

"During outdoor play Ella was working in the sandpit. Other children were working beside her; however, they were following her lead and directions. While Ella was digging a hole with her spade, she shouted out to the other children ‘More water! We need more water!’ Ella was capable of using the tap, however, the other children were not yet capable of this task and were gathering around the water bucket. I walked over to help the children turn the tap on and off. I asked if the children needed additional help to which they replied by shaking their heads. The children continued to walk back and forth, guided by Ella’s instructions, collecting water and using the water tap with ease.
I’m glad I included all the children in social learning to help them achieve the task they were aiming for. I believe that this took the responsibility from Ella, but allowed her to achieve her goals."