Observation Analysis - Misha

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
sashaaziz

Observation Analysis - Misha

Post by sashaaziz » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:43 am

Hi lorina can you please help me with this question

Read the observation. Write an analysis/interpretation, documenting what the observations tell you about:
Misha’s development – language, motor, social, emotional, and cognitive skills.
Misha’s relationship with the educator.
Misha’s personality, temperament, her self-confidence/self-esteem.
Misha’s ability to make purposeful play choices

Observation 2
Misha approaches the Educator Alec and taps him on the leg, and says: “Where Dolly?” (Dolly is a black doll with long dark hair – Dolly is Misha’s favourite doll)
Alec: “I’m sorry, Misha. I can’t find Dolly. I think she might be in the other room.”
Misha nods, takes Alec’s hand and drags him towards the door.
She looks up at Alec and says, “Dolly.”
Alec: “I can’t look for Dolly now, Misha. I’ll ask Heather to see if she can find her. Is that okay?”
Misha: “Dolly gone.”
Alec: “Yes Misha, Dolly must have gone for a walk. We’ll have to see if Heather can find her.”
Misha nods, hugs Alec around the legs and says “Dolly gone Walk”
Alec: “Would you like me to get you a teddy Misha?”
Misha: “Teddy” (Nods)
Alec: “Which teddy would you like Misha? The big blue teddy or the little brown teddy?”
Misha: “Big teddy”
Alec hands Misha the teddy, which she hugs to herself.

Lorina

Re: Observation Analysis - Misha

Post by Lorina » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:09 pm

You need to give me something to work with from your understanding...

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:10 pm

The following may help:

How Children Achieve Outcomes

:geek:,
Lorina

sashaaziz

Post by sashaaziz » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:01 pm

this is my answer for observation 2

language : Misha uses language to express such as saying ( Where Dolly?” (Dolly is a black doll with long dark hair – Dolly is Misha’s favourite doll) 
motor : Misha uses  her gross motor skills  bytaking  Alec’s hand and drags him towards the door) also Misha uses her fine motor skills by  huging thr teddy  to herself.
social : Misha approaches the Educator , Misha interact with the educator .
emotional : Misha was upset when the educator said i can's find dolly  and when she says (  “Dolly.” ) ( Dolly gone.”)
cognitive skills. Mish uses her congitive skills when the educator said : “Which teddy would you like Misha? The big blue teddy or the little brown teddy?”Misha: “Big teddy           

Misha's  realtionshp with the eduacator shows that she is close to the eduactor and feels comfortable talking to the educator as shwoing in the scenario . Mish's personality have vonfidnece talking to thr educator and say what she wants as Misha's is able to ask about her doll and say what she is thinking of and making choice between teedy bears . Mish's 

sashaaziz

Post by sashaaziz » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:05 pm

i find these questions difficult can you please help me
c) Suggest two areas of play that are of interest to Misha.
D.choose one area of Misha’s development and write a goal to support further development in this area.
e) Describe an experience that will achieve this goal utilising one of Misha’s Interest area from Question c.

jodie0808

Post by jodie0808 » Sun May 27, 2018 1:18 pm

hi did you get any answers for these questions as i'm also stuck on this question