module CHCECE001, DEVELOP CULTURAL COMPETENCE, IN-DEPTH QUESTIONS

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
carinerobin.70

module CHCECE001, DEVELOP CULTURAL COMPETENCE, IN-DEPTH QUESTIONS

Post by carinerobin.70 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:46 pm

I am doing my Certificate III on line and have found it very hard at time. I have just about finished my 120 hours of work placement and just have a few assignements left to complete. Question 10,11 and 12 relate to the implementation of a group experience that fosters positive attitude to inclusion, observation of children's interaction and to identify the need for addition cultural support and cross-cultural understanding. I am really struggling to think about one activity. I have already implemented a few experiences, but I don't seem to think that they are really matching the criteria and answering the questions. I read Tiddalik (Aboriginal frog), with props, I implemented a dance / music / game with stick to the sound of rhymes from different countries in the word, we have listen to some Aboriginal music during relaxation time while I was reading an Aboriginal story and tomorrow we are going to organise a cooking experience (one of my colleague is from Sri Lanka, and I am from Switzerland and our Director is from Spain) and talk about our different backgrounds, different cuisine, photos, maps, etc. All this during group time. But I am not sure at all how to then transfer all those information and make it fit in the questions asked (I don't if my query makes sense to anybody, lol) ? Am I even on the right track ? How can all this be embedded in those three questions (10, 11 & 12). I seem to have lots of ideas, but not quite sure how to put them into words and sentences.
Also are quetion 10, 11 & 12 talking about 2 different activities ? I just don't get it. Can those 3 questions be translated to me in an easier way, lol. Very confusing.

Josema

Re: module CHCECE001, DEVELOP CULTURAL COMPETENCE, IN-DEPTH QUESTIONS

Post by Josema » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:32 am

Hello.
It's really my first post and answer here hehehe so, don't judge me..
I think you are overthinking, make it simple. (it's can depend of your assessor as well)
Question 10: Implementation of a group experience that fosters positive attitude to inclusion.
R: Just make it them to be in a group, just wondering and asking about another culture is inclusion and of course it will be in a positive attitude.
And actually you can combine that answer with Question 12 because at the moment you talk about you and your fellows background you are doing cross-cultural understanding..
Question 11: You have to develop in your complete words what happened at the centre. Maybe some of the child did not react as you expect ..

Once again, don't make it hard. Think out of the box for a bit.
Cheers.