Key Values And Processes Of The ‘ECA Code of Ethics’?

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
kelly30888

Key Values And Processes Of The ‘ECA Code of Ethics’?

Post by kelly30888 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:56 pm

Question:

Read each statement and identify two ethical values or processes being applied by the Educator, using the bank of options below.
 Respect  Democracy  Integrity  Inclusivity
 Justice  Courage  Honesty  Education
 Cultural responsiveness  Social Responsiveness

My attempt:

They have a few scenarios listed but my problem is that I can't find the definitions for these values or processes. Could someone please direct me to this information? Or is it just a case of looking up the words in a dictionary ?

These are the questions.

Statement

The Educator in the preschool room intervenes when she overhears Ellie and Mia telling Komali she can’t play with them because she has black skin.

Ethical values/processes Inclusivity, Cultural responsiveness????

When a heated debate occurs in a team meeting, one Educator defends the rights of the parents to make a decision not to immunise their child.
Ethical values/processes- Inclusivity, Social Responsiveness?????

After an accident in the room because of rough play between a few children one Educator told all of the children they had to pack away and sit quietly for 15 minutes. The other Educator in the room argued that this was unfair as only a few children were involved in the incident.

Statement Ethical values/processes??

Thanks

Tegan Christensen

Re: key values and processes of the ‘ECA Code of Ethics’?

Post by Tegan Christensen » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:55 pm

How did you go with this? Im stuck on the second one :/

Lorina

Re: key values and processes of the ‘ECA Code of Ethics’?

Post by Lorina » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:39 pm

Are you stuck on this one:
When a heated debate occurs in a team meeting, one Educator defends the rights of the parents to make a decision not to immunise their child.

I would probably say "respect"...

:geek:,
Lorina