Ignoring Behaviour

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
eabeyratna

Ignoring Behaviour

Post by eabeyratna » Tue May 19, 2015 1:26 pm

Read following behaviour scenario and indicate whether the behaviour can be successfully ignored. Explain why

Every day nathan (4.5 ) gets up and plays in another part of the room during story time
Jamel ( 3.5 )keeps tearing books and as soon as he does he looks at you for reaction
Barry (5 )keeps insulting the other children by telling them that they are dummies who cant kick a ball straight.

Pls help me to answer this.
Last edited by Lorina on Wed May 20, 2015 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lorina

Re: Ignoring Behaviour

Post by Lorina » Wed May 20, 2015 5:05 am

Add your responses so I can help...

:geek:,
Lorina

eabeyratna

Post by eabeyratna » Wed May 20, 2015 10:30 am

According to my understand We can ignore 1st behavour by using i message theory . let nathan know how me feel his behaviour and give him to choice in calm manner

2nd one is a emotional situation so we cant ignore that thype of situation and we have to pay our attention to jame

3rd scinario also happend because of jamel bad behaviour. So we have to chose a plan to ignore It and continue normal ruitne works as if nothing happend.

Please response me ..

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu May 21, 2015 4:42 am

Thank you for providing a response!

1) Yes, you can give a choice of either wanting to listen to the story or finding a quiet activity to do instead.

2) You can't ignore this type of behaviour. It needs to be stopped.

3) Talk to the child about how his words are hurting the other children and that it's not nice what he is saying to his friends. Talk to him about how he would feel if his friend was being mean to him.

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina

eabeyratna

Post by eabeyratna » Thu May 21, 2015 10:46 am

Thanx lorina. Appriciate your support