i. Describe the choices available in each environment in relation to age appropriateness

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
emmajogc

i. Describe the choices available in each environment in relation to age appropriateness

Post by emmajogc » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:26 am

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCPR301B - Provide experiences to support children's play and learning.
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
Assignment 1.. I am almost finished but I am stuck on two parts of this assignment.

i. Describe the choices available in each environment in relation to age appropriateness.

Indoors:

Outdoors:

&

k. Describe how children with different abilities can use an area.

Indoors:

Outdoors:

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
i. Describe the choices available in each environment in relation to age appropriateness.
Indoors:
• Puzzles in toddlers room have large pieces with handles and fit into their particular spot. Puzzles in Preschool room have smaller pieces without handles, and do not all have a base to fit into. Pictures to complete are larger and more complex.
• The art area in toddlers room has paste and paints available for self-selection with chunky paintbrushes for easy grasping. The art area in Preschool room has a variety of skinny and larger brushes to choose from with PVA glue, paints and dyes available for self-selection.
• 0-18months: has cradles, mirrors, and playpen toys, water play, kitchen play to choose from playing with.

Outdoors:

&

k. Describe how children with different abilities can use an area.
Indoors:
• Activities are provided at several levels of complexity, so children can use more challenging materials while still having the comfort of those they know they have already mastered. Children can play at the level they are comfortable approaching.
• Cooperative play is encouraged by staff interaction in many different activities when children with different abilities are participating. If a child is struggling with a puzzle activity, another child who has mastered it can be encouraged to share their knowledge with the other.
• The art area can be used by children with different abilities as they are able to create individually with their own choices of material. A child who is able to grasp a pencil or paintbrush is able to draw and paint, while a child who has literary skills to write may write a story and draw a picture to illustrate it. A child who has the ability to cut and fold may create something out of paper or card, while a child who cannot yet do this is able to experiment with holding the scissors and paper and using their fine motor skills to control their actions.

Outdoors:

Description and Message:
I would appreciate if someone can tell me if I'm on the right track with my answers and offer any further insight. I havn't moved onto outdoors yet as I am not entirely sure the answers I have given are what they are looking for.

moosemash

Re: i. Describe the choices available in each environment in relation to age appropriateness

Post by moosemash » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:26 pm

I think you are on the right track, but you may need to answer it using the developmental areas for each indoor and outdoor areas - this might also make it easier to answer.