how to actually get to a 'section'

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
custard1

how to actually get to a 'section'

Post by custard1 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:53 pm

Hello out there -

Im struggling with looking up laws and regs - I can get to the pdf and I look up what I need in the index. Then when I get to the page it just has a box with eg 'national law section 166-167'. HOW do i then get to this 'section'?Please answer in step by step instructions - I have been trying to do this for 2 hours and finally found this site. Can someone please help me as Im fairly ok with everything else......

Ruby

Lorina

Re: how to actually get to a 'section'

Post by Lorina » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:23 am

Is this what you are looking for:

National Regulations

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:25 am

If this is not what you're looking for let me know and I'll give you something else... I have a lot of Resources to share! :thumbup:

Lorina

custard1

Post by custard1 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:53 am

Hi Lorina,
Ill send this reply again as I'm not sure is went through -

Thank you so much for your reply!! Not really what I meant though...I'll try to explain -
I know how to get to the ACECQA website and click on to download the Nat Laws and Nat Regs - A) I look at the index to find the page number I need in relation to the topic I'm after B) I then go to that page C) it then has a long green rectangle box with for example National Law section 3 (2) and National Regulation section 166-167
d) this is where I don't know HOW to get to these references so I can quote them ???
Would you be able to explain in a step by step instruction from there? I'm struggling as I'm a 48 year old that has gone back to school and not great with tech!!!
Thanks in advance - Ruby

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:18 pm

The green box you're referring to is from the document "Guide To The National Law and Regulations".

Guide To The Law and Regs

To quote what it mentions in the green box you will need to find it in the actual Regulations:

National Regulations

and Law:

National Law

For example:

In the Guide To The National Law on Regulations on page 53 in the green box it states:

Educational program
National Law: Section 168
National Regulations: Regulations 73–76

So the National Law for this in Section 168 (page 118):

168 Offence relating to required programs
(1) The approved provider of an education and care service must ensure that a program is delivered to all children being educated and cared for by the service that—
(a) is based on an approved learning framework; and
(b) is delivered in a manner that accords with the approved learning framework; and
(c) is based on the developmental needs, interests and experiences of each child; and
(d) is designed to take into account the individual differences of each child.

and In the National Regulations:

73 Educational program

(1) This Part applies in relation to the program (the educational program) that is required to be delivered under section 168 of the Law to a child being educated and cared for by an education and care service.
(2) An educational program is to contribute to the following outcomes for each child—
(a) the child will have a strong sense of identity;
(b) the child will be connected with and contribute to his or her world;
(c) the child will have a strong sense of wellbeing;
(d) the child will be a confident and involved learner;
(e) the child will be an effective communicator.

Use the documents above to find each section...

Lorina