HLTHIR404D - Indigenous Lifestyle Preferences

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
bree.inglis

HLTHIR404D - Indigenous Lifestyle Preferences

Post by bree.inglis » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:44 pm

Activity 4.5
additional cultural considerations include indigenous lifestyle preferences and views about gender and language preferences. research these considerations and reflect how they will affect service delivery to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander adults and children

Answer
Indigenous lifestyle preferences include living in remote regions versus typical westernised lifestyle, highly spiritual in nature, highly structure, each person has a distinct place in society, and rituals mark the passage of individuals through different life stages and very low power distance. The views about gender and language preferences include well defined gender roles, in some situations men and woman may need to avoid entering through the same door, men and woman’s business may need to be kept separate. In 1995 20% of indigenous population in WA spoke an Aboriginal language, approximately 90 languages survive, it is common for Aboriginal people to be multilingual in some areas (especially in Northern Australia) and many Aboriginal languages are not understood by other aboriginal groups. How this can affect service delivery too Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander adults and children could be the way they respond to other people that are not Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander’s

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am having some trouble with finding other ways these lifestyle preferences and views about gender and language preferences could affect service delivery to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander adults and children, if someone could help me out and point me in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated

Lorina

Re: HLTHIR404D - Indigenous Lifestyle Preferences

Post by Lorina » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:59 pm

I'm going to give you some information which goes into detail about ATSI preferences. This will help you with your question... I think you should also include how ATSI families live together in large communities and parents are not the only ones the raise the child. It's the whole family - aunts, uncles, cousins etc.

You will need to download the file but it provide you with detailed information:

Working and Walking Together

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:01 pm

Hope the above information helps!

:geek:,
Lorina

bree.inglis

Post by bree.inglis » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:11 pm