exploring cultural diversity

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Jaspreetatri
Helper
Helper

exploring cultural diversity

Post by Jaspreetatri » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:14 pm

View and become familiar with the reading ‘Unicef Play around the World’. Select all or part of the document and present it to a group of 4 - 6 children (aged 2 - 6 years) as a table activity. In your discussions with the children, focus on the concepts of ‘similarities’, ‘differences’, and ‘cultural diversity. Present children with materials that will enable them to represent their understandings of cultural diversity, similarities and differences.

I don't know what to write in this question. I did quite many activities with children like: playing in sand and making shapes on it, matching shapes and colours on paper.
Just want your help that which cultural diversity activity comes under Unicef and how should I explain it?
Thanks

Lorina

Re: exploring cultural diversity

Post by Lorina » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:36 pm

The activities on shapes don't represent cultural diversity... You need to come up with activities that focus on the similarities and differences between people, cultures etc.

The following may give you some ideas:

Multicultural Activities

:geek:,
Lorina

Jaspreetatri
Helper
Helper

Post by Jaspreetatri » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:47 pm

can you please tell me the activities which are suitable for 3-5 years old children and comes under UNICEF around the world?
It will be a great help.

Thanks

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:37 pm

the link I sent should help... you tell me and I will let you know if you're on the right track...

:geek:,
Lorina