Cultural Safety and Human Rights

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Ishadee

Cultural Safety and Human Rights

Post by Ishadee » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:06 pm

Select six (6) statements that are true about cultural safety and human rights.

a) The Racial Discrimination Act 1975 is limited to prohibiting adults from discriminating against other adults.

b) The Racial Discrimination Act 1975 prohibits Aboriginal children from being denied of education based on their race.

c) The Anti-Discrimination Act 1998 prohibits the discrimination of individuals based on culture and belief (among others). In effect, indigenous people need not deny or otherwise downplay their cultural pride outside their local areas.

d) The Anti-Discrimination Act 1998 prohibits the discrimination of individuals based on culture and belief (among others). However, one must still avoid displaying elements of their own culture (like traditional garments), as these will cause unease among others from different backgrounds.

e) The Racial Discrimination Act 1975 and The Anti-Discrimination Act 1998 can help indigenous peoples uphold their own cultures outside of their local communities.

f) Discrimination based on sex does not apply to childcare centres, as it is accepted that women make better carers for children.

g) There must be policies and procedures in individual workplaces based on the local state or territory legislation against the discrimination of any person.

h) Equity, inclusion, and diversity underpin the National Quality Framework.

i) The National Quality framework only deals with the quality of the curricula delivered in educational centres.

j) The United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child is one of the documents that childcare centres must adhere to.

my answer b, c, e, g,h, j
can anyone one tell my answers are correct or not?
thanks

Lorina

Re: Cultural Safety and Human Rights

Post by Lorina » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:20 pm

I would probably swap b for a and leave the rest as you had already picked... so instead of b choose a... the rest seem fine to me!

:geek:,
Lorina

Ishadee

Re: Cultural Safety and Human Rights

Post by Ishadee » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:14 pm

thank you so much Lorina