CHILD WELLBEING CORE COMPETENCY

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
emily26

CHILD WELLBEING CORE COMPETENCY

Post by emily26 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:57 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: Activity 16 CHCFC301A
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
Hello,

I am just seeking some help from anyone who can explain to me the questions which I am currently stuck on. the wording is just throwing me off and if I understood what the question is actually trying to ask I could answer it.

it is called a self review/reflection and it is based on the child wellbeing core competencies and it has 10 questions and it asks you to identify which of the competencies relate to you as a child care worker and why they do or not apply to you as a child care worker.

the three questions that I am stuck on are as followed.... for q number 3 I attempted to answer it but I am not sure if it is correct however for q 1 and 2 I have no idea!

1. Features of a family’s immediate social environment that are important for family functioning and young children’s development and well being

2.Features and qualities of communities that help or hinder families in their capacity to raise young children adequately

3.Implement effective evidence based Service delivery
With implementing effective service delivery we should focus on prevention, early detection, and early intervention and should embrace the child’s family as well. Supporting children’s development is worthwhile for their progression into the future and into society

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
as mentioned I have not attempted to answer them as I am unsure exactly what the question is asking and I am not asking for the answers I would just like a break down of the question or even have it written in a format which I can understand.

Description and Message:
I will need to hand this is my Sunday so any help before then would be such a great help! thank you :P

emily26

Re: CHILD WELLBEING CORE COMPETENCY

Post by emily26 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:00 pm

sorry i meant to say

I need to hand this in by Sunday... oops

Lorina

Re: CHILD WELLBEING CORE COMPETENCY

Post by Lorina » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:38 am

This may help:

http://www.dss.gov.au/sites/default/fil ... report.pdf
http://www.aihw.gov.au/WorkArea/Downloa ... 0737421521
http://www.projectabc-la.org/dl/healthy_families.pdf

Just read the information given above and you can incorporate some of the information into your response to help answer your question.

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A