CHCRP301C - Open Ended Questions For Parents

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
michelleamy

CHCRP301C - Open Ended Questions For Parents

Post by michelleamy » Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:21 am

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCFC301A,CHCPR303D, ASSESSMENT 2
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
GATHER INFORMATION ABOUT ONE FOCUS CHILD WITHIN THE AGE RANGE OF 0-12 YEARS, ABOUT FAMILY, STRUCTURE, INTERESTS, STRENGTHS, CULTURAL BACKGROUND AND CARE PRACTICES FOR THE CHILD FROM EITHER AT YOUR PLACEMENT OR OUTSIDE YOUT SERVICE. gATHER INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR FOCUS CHILD FROM AN INTERVIEW WITH THE EDUCATOR OR A PARENT/GAURDIAN. STUDENTS WOULD BE ADVISED TO PREPARE A LIST OF AT LEAST 10 OPEN ENDED QUESTIONS FOR THIS INTERVIEW RELATING TO THE TOPICS HIGHLIGHTED ABOVE

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
NOT SURE OF WHAT TO ASK FOR THIS ASSESSMENT I THINK I WOULD ASK ABOUT FAMILY MEMBERS EG HOW MANY BROTHERS AND SISTERS DO YOU HAVE , WHAT DO YOU LIKE TO PLAY YOUR FAVOURIT FOOD PICTURES OF CHILD DOING CRAFT AND PLAYING NOT SURE WHAT ELSE I AM TO ASK CAN ANYONE GIVE ME SOME IDEAS PLEASE THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Description and Message:
Last edited by Lorina on Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: HELP WITH QUESTIONS WANTING IDEAS ON WHAT TO ASK?

Post by Lorina » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:42 am

Here are some examples:
1. Give me a general view of your current (or most recent) responsibilities.
2. If you could have the perfect job, what would it be?
3. Think of a problem you had to deal with at your last (or present) job. Tell me exactly what happened and
how you handled it.
4. Describe a situation in which you might find it justifiable to break company policy or alter standard
procedure.
5. In your past job experience, tell me about a time when you stuck to company policy to solve a problem when
it might have been easier or more immediately effective not to.
6. Give me an example of a time when communicating with a customer (or fellow worker) was difficult. Give me
an example of how you handled it.
7. Think of a day when you had many things to do and describe how you scheduled your time.
8. Tell me about something you've done in your current (or most recent) job that is creative.
9. Tell me about a time when you made a quick decision that you were proud of.
10. Tell me about an important goal you have set in the past and how successful you were in accomplishing it.
11. Think of a time when you had to do a task that was particularly uninteresting. How did you deal with it?
12. What experience have you had with a miscommunication with a customer (or fellow employee). How did you
solve the problem?
13. Tell me about a time when an upper-level decision or a policy change held up your work.
14. Have you ever had to make a sticky decision when no policy existed to cover it? Tell me what you did.
15. Describe a time when you communicated some unpleasant news or feelings to a supervisor. What
happened?
16. What has been your experience in dealing with poor performance of subordinates? Give me an example.
17. In your current (or most recent) position, what types of decisions do you make without consulting your boss?
18. Can you give me an example of when you came up with a clever way of motivating someone?
19. Give me an example of a time when you got really motivated at work.

Ref: http://hr.ucf.edu/files/Examples-of-Ope ... stions.pdf

They don't have anything to do with your question but it should give you an idea on where to start...

:geek:,
L.A