CHCPR303D- TIME RECORDS

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Kaz
Contributor
Contributor

CHCPR303D- TIME RECORDS

Post by Kaz » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:36 pm

Does anyone do these? I have never done one in my LIFE and now I have to do one for this assignment and I am just not getting it :roll:
I know silly ha, I just don't like it I guess. I normally do running, anecdotal and jouranl writting.

Also what is "Learning Stories" ????

cathiek
Coach
Coach

Re: CHCPR303D- TIME RECORDS

Post by cathiek » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:29 pm

Time records is a bit like an observation - just with time frames noted on it. eg: 12.15-12.25 Jamie played on the bikes by pushing it along with his feet. 12.25-12.30 With encouragement from Lisa, Jamie practiced using the pedals while Lisa pushed the bike around the bike track. 12.30-12.45 jamie has now got the hang of riding the bike and is doing many laps of the bike track using the pedals correctly.

It would need to be in a better format than that - like a table with the times down the side and the comments in the middle section and perhaps a bit at the bottom on how you could extend Jamie's learning now.

Learning stories are a wonderful tool. There is lots on this website, look under online EYLF tools for some of them and there are examples on the site too - just use the search box.
Cathie

Kaz
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Kaz » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:05 pm

Thx for that, I have 'tried' to do one, but just doesn't look like think I might need to search some more lol....
I now understand the Learning Stories more, the format I found was different to the one I have seen before and got confused :/

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:50 am

Another user on this site asked about time samples too. One of our member provided an explanation and samples of a time record. Here's the link: http://www.aussiechildcarenetwork.com/d ... -t265.html

Hope it helps,
:geek: L.A

Kaz
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Kaz » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:45 pm

thx LA just read it and now I know just what to look for :)