CHCPR303D - Statement Highlighting A 3 Year Olds Strengths, Interests & Needs

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
bellamy

CHCPR303D - Statement Highlighting A 3 Year Olds Strengths, Interests & Needs

Post by bellamy » Tue May 13, 2014 2:55 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCPR303D
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
Write a statement highlighting a three year olds strenghts, interests and needs

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
her interest are creative arts, dramatic play and outdoor experiences. I was told this is wrong and i have no idea how to go about this

Description and Message:
Last edited by Lorina on Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: CHCPR303D - Statement Highlighting A 3 Year Olds Strengths, Interests & Needs

Post by Lorina » Wed May 14, 2014 3:12 pm

That's a start but you need to provide more information. For example: if her interests are "creative art" you could write...

As I set up the art table Mary is always eagerly waiting to see what creative experiences we have set up for the day. She help to set up the art experiences and also assists her peers with the task at hand. Mary enjoys painting the most. She is constantly drawing pictures during free time and wanting to paint them using the easel....

When writing her neds and interests you just need to describe what her needs are from what you have observed as well as her interests. Give it a go and I can check it over once you have written it...

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A

MarkPowter
Participator
Participator

Re: CHCPR303D - Statement Highlighting A 3 Year Olds Strengths, Interests & Needs

Post by MarkPowter » Wed May 14, 2014 10:24 pm

Hello Bellamy,

As Lorina has stated this is a good start but is much too brief. Adding to Lorina's answer, I suggest you begin to build up a list of words related to development which you can add to your observations as this will assist you in breaking down a child's strengths, interests and needs. This may be a start for you but may also include a lot of words beyond your level of study (I am unsure what you have been taught) - Child Development Vocabulary List. While this may take some time to develop, and will be something you are constantly adding to, you will use it throughout your career to make observations a lot easier for your! I hope this helps and good luck!