CHCPR303D - Interpreting Language Skills During Observation

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Jenerator31

CHCPR303D - Interpreting Language Skills During Observation

Post by Jenerator31 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:20 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCPR303D, Infant and toddler observation4, language sample.
Your Assignment Type: Other
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
I need help in understanding exactly what a language skill exactly is and if I'm on the track please and thank you.

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
Hi everyone, I'm super stuck on an observation question,
My observation; M was playing alongside another child at the animal display, they were talking between themselves and carrying out a scenario with the toy animals. M grabbed 2 mice and held them as if they were chatting to each other, then turned to staff member and said, 'it two mouse'. She put them on the table and pointed at them, she was confident in the way she spoke. M didn't get frustrated or screw up her face. After this she continued to play.
# Language skills- it two mouse?
#Interpretation; what did your observation tell you about the child's communication skills?
M talks easily without stuttering or repeating words or syllables, she correctly names objects, speaks clearly so others can understand.
#What language skill might the child develop next?
Increase her use of nouns, verbs, adjectives, pronouns and location words. Begin to use sentence structure, word endings in I go becomes 'I going'

Description and Message:
Last edited by Lorina on Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Jezzikah2014

Re: Cert 111 children's services

Post by Jezzikah2014 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:50 pm

this sounds right hun I have just done an assignment similar to this an if you have resources then refer to them as the child will develop more skills and with interpretation she is identifiying objects with ease

Jenerator31

Re: Cert 111 children's services

Post by Jenerator31 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:16 am

Thanks so much, little to none in my resources. It's a bit hard doing this by distance!