CHCPR301C - Develop An Experience Plan For 3.5 year Old Who Needs Emotional & Delopment

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
tejal

CHCPR301C - Develop An Experience Plan For 3.5 year Old Who Needs Emotional & Delopment

Post by tejal » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:33 am

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: Off the job Cluster C assignment
Your Assignment Type: Case Scenario
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
Hi, I have to develop an experience plan for 3.5 year old girl who need emotional and social milestone development . I have choose "water Relay" activity and answered this questions but I am not sure that these answers are appropriate or not? Please let me know and comment.
1 How will you involve the children in your experience?
2 How will you communicate effectively with the child?
3 How will you promote positive behavior throughout this experience?
4 How will you collaborate with the child throughout this experience?
5 How will you recognise and act upon opportunity to enhance sustainability in the workplace throught this experience?

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
Task 3: Planning suggestions and Educator Interactions
Apply the knowledge you have gained from the observations and developmental summary completed on ‘******’ to:
Plan 3 (three) experiences to support ‘*****’s’ development.
Please note for each of these 3 (three) experiences you will NOT be implementing them so you will NOT need to complete the evaluation/ reflection section of your Experience Plans. All other sections must be completed, including possible follow up ideas.
The following experience plan format has been developed to use for this task. Please see Assessment tips for information on how to complete this Experience Plan successfully.
Experience Plan
Learner’s name:
Plan number:
Name of experience:
Water Relay
Date/s presented:
04/02/2014
Number of children:

10 Name/s and age/s of children:
Rose -3.3, Alen-3.5, Gaatha - 3.2, Twinkle- 3.6,
Kirtan - 3.8, Krish - 3.4, Megen - 3.5, Natash- 3.4
Kira - 3.2, Tony - 3.6
Reason/s you have chosen to present this experience
First of all Megen 's social and emotional development needs improvement. As she could not connect to other children and people of outside family.
Another reason is, now a days, hot summer is running and most of the children loves to play with water. and Megen also curious to play new experience.
Identify developmental priorities/learning opportunities
Identify EYLF Learning Outcomes and Sub Elements
This experience plan support to Megen's social and emotional development, As well as she will also develop her physical development ( through running and physical task in play), and cognitive development ( using object in different ways) .
Thorough this experience Megen will improve,
• Pay attention for longer period of time.
• Understand cause and effect relationship.
• Can follow 2-4 instructions at one time.
• Shows a variety of emotions.
• knows how to share and take turns.
• Becomes interested in playing with other children around their age.
• Play simple group games.
• Carries object while working.
• Can carry out more than one physical task through improved co -ordination.
EYLF
Outcome 2 - Children are connected with and contribute to their world.
2.1- Children develop a sense of belonging to groups and communities and an understanding of the reciprocal rights and responsibilities necessary for active community participation.
2.3- Children become aware of fairness.
Outcome 3- Children have a strong sense of wellbeing.
3.2 - Children take increasing responsibility for their own health and physical wellbeing.

Describe how you will set up the learning environment
 First of all this game is outdoor game so I would make sure that there is good weather and safe environment. After that I will gather two bucket with water and two empty bucket.
 Place the buckets 5 -10 meters apart ( two water bucket at one end and two empty bucket at the another end)
 Give each child a plastic cup.
 Then divide children in two teams.
 Now I will ask to each team to line up own team near water bucket
 When both team take place in own line, I will give instruction and demonstrate how to play.
 Then I will give signal and every child will fill the cup of water turn by turn and run to the other end and pouring water into empty bucket.
 Each child will run back to the start and the next child will have to go until all children in the team has had to go.
 first team to fill the empty bucket with water wins.
How will you involve the child/ children in your experience?

Ans. Here I would ask to Megen that would she like to play with water, then I would explain her that how the game is intresting in calm manner. I would display the game before and make her fun. I would also tell her that this game is very simple and If you are not sure what to do, ask me and I'll help you. You will enjoy new experience with it.

How will you communicate effectively with the child/ children?

1)I would Lower my tone. A loud voice sounds angry (even though you may be quite angry) and can be very embarrassing to you and to a child.

2) Get down to the child's eye level. Engage child in eye-to-eye and hand-to-shoulder contact. For example " Megen, I need your eyes," or "Megen, I need your ears."

3) Use "I messages." Try non-threatening openers. Begin your request with "I" or "we" instead of "you." Instead of "You need concentrate on water cup while running," try "We keep concentration on water cup while running so we could keep the water inside the cup".

4) Give them time to finish task, do not hurry.

How will you promote positive behaviour throughout this experience?
Here, I would give play instruction in positive and polite manner for ex. To line up children I will tell them " I am waiting for them to line up near bucket before we start the play."
During the game I would tell them that "Stay on the line and wait for your turn."
After they take their turns I would say " Thank you every one for taking turns co- operatively , It's very kind of you."
When Play finish I would say " You deserve to be proud of your task. you worked very hard on it."

How will you collaborate with the child/ children throughout this experience?
I would ask them during group time that how enjoy they are. If they enjoyed the game I would ask them that we will play this game with colourful water and tunnel between two bucket and you will enjoy much.

How will you recognise and act upon opportunities to enhance sustainability in the workplace throughout this experience?
First ao all in this game we are using water so we could save rain water in underground system. we could also put useless carton box to make tunnel. I would keep the cups in secure place and reuse instead of throwing in waste bin.

Description and Message: