CHCLEG001 - Scenario: Co- Worker Posting On Social Media

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
rJarcos

CHCLEG001 - Scenario: Co- Worker Posting On Social Media

Post by rJarcos » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:54 pm

Having trouble with this question. I've been told that I should consider telling my director straight away rather than talking to my co-worker first. Surely I should speak with her first and give her a chance to acknowledge her inappropriate posts and come up with a solution? Wouldn't going straight to my supervisor be tantamount to 'tattle-taling' about my co-worker behind her back? In conflict resolution you are meant to speak to a person first, and if the situation isn't resolved, then you bring someone else into it.

Case Study 2

Q. You are friends with a co-worker on a social networking site. Over the past few weeks you have noticed posts on her page about other staff where you work. These posts are derogatory and inappropriate.
How would you respond to the actions of your co-worker? What would be the appropriate action to take?

A. I need to communicate with my co-worker and respectfully remind her that our actions should 'convey mutual respect, equity and recognition of each other's strengths and skills' (NQS 4.2.3) and that her behaviour does not meet the Privacy and Confidentiality Policy of our workplace. I should tell her that if she continues posting in a derogatory and inappropriate manner then I will need to inform our supervisor.

Lorina

Re: CHCLEG001 - Scenario: Co- Worker Posting On Social Media

Post by Lorina » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:30 pm

I agree with you. You should talk to the educator before talking to the Director. However, the Director must also be informed of what is happening. You could let the Director know about the posts but inform the Director you have spoken to the educator about it. Just so the Director is aware of the situation. The Director must be informed of all issues within the centre.

Hope this helps!

:geek:,
Lorina