CHCIC302A - Current & Appropriate Items That Reflect Diversity Of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Community

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
katrinawestropp

CHCIC302A - Current & Appropriate Items That Reflect Diversity Of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Community

Post by katrinawestropp » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:33 pm

HEY GUYSSSS I AM UNDERTAKING THIS ASSIGNMENT AND NEED HELP WITH THE ASSIGNMENT IF ANYONE CAN HELP?
Last edited by Lorina on Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

catchmeifucan
Coach
Coach

Re: CHCIC302A - Current & Appropriate Items That Reflect Diversity Of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Community

Post by catchmeifucan » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:56 pm

Hi Katrina, Would you able to post the questions you are stuck on? I will try to help you out...

JEG daycare

Re: CHCIC302A - Current & Appropriate Items That Reflect Diversity Of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Community

Post by JEG daycare » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:26 am

Hi,

This is the first time I have used this so I hope it works, I'm trying to send you 3 documents from NCAC that may help you.

Good luck
Julie

annejo
Participator
Participator

Post by annejo » Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:39 pm

Hi I am jo Can anyone help with the following 2 questions

Make a list of current and appropriate items that reflect diversity of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community and state how each may be used.
Would be grateful for some help with these 2 questions. Jo

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:24 pm

Hi Jo,

I'm trying to think of some items you can add to your list so far I've come up with:

- Dream Time Stories: read to the children during group time, add them onto the bookshelf

- Puzzles: while children are completing the puzzles discuss the image they see.

-Music: can be used during music and movement. Free Dance see how the children move with the music.

- Musical Instruments: teach children how to play a didgeridoo.

- Posters: display them at child's level that reflect Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander families, images, artwork etc.

Hopefully this should give you a few ideas to get you started,

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

-

annejo
Participator
Participator

Post by annejo » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:14 pm

Thankyou so much for those great suggestion. It was really appreciated

vasuki.sivasangar
Participator
Participator

Post by vasuki.sivasangar » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:37 pm

Hai Kathy Im aslo doing the same subject. I also need help for this assignments. Im doing in Tafe.

Sugi

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:33 am

Another user, in a different topic asked for some resources on Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islanders. I've added an attachment in the following topic which I think may also help you.

CHCIC302A - Scenario: Amarina - Supporting Aboriginals In EC

:geek:,
L.A

missjodiemarie76

Re: CHCIC302A Support aboriginal and or Torres Strait Islander

Post by missjodiemarie76 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:07 am

oh just a quick note_
for your response
- Musical Instruments: teach children how to play a didgeridoo.
Be aware that only males play the didgeridoo and teaching girls could cause conflict :-)

leni.88

Re: CHCIC302A Support aboriginal and or Torres Strait Islander

Post by leni.88 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:52 am

Hi all,
I am doing this assigment and I am not really sure what to write for the second part of this assigment.
The question are:

1) I realise that my own life has made me view Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities...
2) I can see how the wider community and media have influenced the shaping of attitudes to Aboriginal and Torres Strait people….

Thank you for any help. Lenka