CHCIC301E - Encourage Children To Speak, Share and Eat

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
staceylee89

CHCIC301E - Encourage Children To Speak, Share and Eat

Post by staceylee89 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:24 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCIC301E Interact effectively with children
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
PLEASE HELP REALLY LOST ON THIS ASSESSMENT TASK. PLEASE CAN ANY ONE HELP ME REALLY LOST WHAT TO DO ON THIS ASSESMENT TASK WELL THE 3 QUESTIONS. PLEASE DONT WANNA HAVE TO SEND IT BACK TO THEM AND GET ANOTHER WD ON THIS ASSESMENT TASK :(
Rea (3 yrs) who points rather than ask for things, will sit quietly and watch the others eat.
Rea relies on gestures to have her needs met. At Rea’s age she should be verbalising her needs and choices.
Kevin (4.9 yrs) will take charge of the plate and give the children the fruit he does not like.
Kevin is the oldest of four children. His lifestyle is unpredictable and chaotic.
Angela (5.2 yrs) will be ‘too busy’ playing to come to morning tea even though she knows there will be nothing else to eat until lunch time.
Angela has been in child care for four and a half years. She is an extremely bright child and lately has become engrossed in creating intricate drawings.

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
THIS IS WHAT I HAVE DONE SO FAR AND TEACHER SAID IS WRONG FOR 2ND TIME.
FOR REA I HAVE THIS=Have different foods on the table out of reach, ask Rea what she would like to eat and go through each food item so that Rea starts communicating. AND THIS WHAT TEACHER SAID BACK-Rea relies on gestures to have her needs met. At Rea’s age she should be verbalising her needs and choices. Have different foods on the table out of reach, ask Rea what she would like to eat and go through each food item so that Rea starts communicating.
1/9/14- What can Giselle say to Rea , how can she prompt her so that Rea responds/replies by saying the name of something she chooses?
FOR Kevin (4.9 yrs) I HAVE THIS =Have different plates and have a number of kids hand the plates around, have none of the food Kevin likes on his plate to encourage him to make choices. TEACHER PUT THIS-
How will this help Kevin to share?
How will this help Kevin to share and make choices?
Angela (5.2 yrs) I HAVE PUT THIS FOR ANGELA- Incorporate Angela’s activities into meal time to encourage her to eat, you could also offer food choices for Angela to eat while she plays. AND THE TEACHER SAID THIS BACK- Can Giselle offer options to Angela to choose from? What consequences can be explained if Angela chooses not to eat?

Description and Message:
PLEASE CAN ANY ONE HELP ME OUT ON THIS ASSESSMENT TASK REALLY LOST ON THE LAST 3 QUESTIONS .
Last edited by Lorina on Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lorina

Re: CHCIC301E - Encourage Children To Speak, Share and Eat

Post by Lorina » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:17 am

This is probably what I'll do:

For Rea:

Giselle can prompt Rea by saying:

"Rea, what piece of fruit would you like this morning, apple or banana? Rea, sorry I couldn't hear you could you tell me again".

For Kevin:

-Educator can ask Kevin to choose 2 pieces of food before passing the plate along to the other children.
-Separate the fruit into two plates. One plate has apple while the other has pear (for example).
-As a group educator can ask what fruits children will like during morning tea and provide that as well as Kevin's choice.

For Angela:

Give a time warning to Angela before the start of morning tea "Angela 5 minutes until it's morning tea time". Give Angela a space to put her drawings she has been working on before morning tea which she can go back to when she has finished. During morning tea talk to her about her drawings etc.

Hope these helps,

:geek:,
L.A

gbkc

Re: CHCIC301E - Encourage Children To Speak, Share and Eat

Post by gbkc » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:47 am

thank you so much